Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Gaming and Multiplayer
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level
Default XBOX 360 2 to be released soon

Just came across this but some of you tech/game nerds would already have known but the all new XBOX360 2 will be released in the near future and it comes with the new game play sensation that is "KINECT" and a whole new array of media features. (Kinect sold separately or in special bundles)

If you don't know what "KINECT" is well it's basically free body game control sort of like the Wii controls but you use your whole body as the controller and looks quite fun and bloody tiring.

However with new technology there is bound to be some downsides such as possible Lag between your movement and the games movement but we will only find out once it's here whether or not this new technology/gimmick is worth forking out for a new system and most importantly if it can be flashed to play your back up or over seas games.

Here is the official link to the new console: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/

So let us know what your opinions are about this new console.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO

Last edited by JDM_STYLE; 16-06-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 15-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Jordiee at standard level

glad they went for a conservative design instead of some spastic new age shape
Old 16-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

The whole reason I drag out my 360 is to vegetate on the couch and not have to move, so the Kinect side of things doesn't really interest me too much. I'm sure some people will love it, seeing how far the wii has come along and whatnot, but if that's their selling point, I'm not sure I'll get one.
Old 16-06-2010, 07:36 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

dougiefresh at standard level

Im going to update my 360 to the new one.. we use it some much for media aswell as games and for the extra storage and being alot quiter its a no brainer for me
Old 16-06-2010, 07:45 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

tommo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
The whole reason I drag out my 360 is to vegetate on the couch and not have to move, so the Kinect side of things doesn't really interest me too much. I'm sure some people will love it, seeing how far the wii has come along and whatnot, but if that's their selling point, I'm not sure I'll get one.
I agree, I play video games to chill out, hence why I rarely use thw Wi and the ps3 gets turned on, if i want to jump around and throw shit ill go and do it in the park..
Old 16-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Heard this is going to be priced @ ~450 .. Same processor, Same everything except the case obviously, inbuilt wifi, 250Gb hdd (1Tb drives are under $100ffs), quieter, kinect connector .. dunno if it's worth it.
Old 16-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

The 'new' xbox is not to replace existing units. More like a PS3 thin version. Same same but in new case.

Kinect IMO seems to be a half assed attempt to cash in on the Wii casual gamer. The upcoming PS3 Move is 1mm accurate and fast, where the Xbox Kinect seems to have a delay in all the promo videos.

It will be a good gimmic to have though, possibly get some more mums and dads to buy the system for their younger kids.

Personally, I think http://us.playstation.com/ps3/playstation-move/ is going to revolutionise proper gaming (i.e. Wii on steroids) - if it is done properly.
Old 16-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

It looks ok, obviously much slimmer, larger storage and built in wifi (which it should have had to start with). All other internal hardware is the same as far as i can tell. Think ill stick to my elite xbox 360, not much point in upgrading. Also mine is flashed so i doubt the new ones will be able to be flashed as of yet. It sill seems Microsoft will only include a composite cable in the box, no HDMI or component which is a little dissapointing.

Kinect looks allright, but i don't think it will be something that i will use. Having a controller is always much easier as well as more repsonsive, and i think more enjoyable.

It seems they have merged 2 fans into 1 with the slim, hence the quietness. Which is interesting as it uses the same chipset as the current 360's, I wonder if the unit will run warmer? To be honest my xbox 360 is not that loud at all, providing I run games from the hard drive.

The old xbox 360 arcade and elite have had a $50 price drop in the US

Someone tell me how 4 mates are supposed to have a FIFA World Cup 2010 tournament with kinect?

Last edited by smerm07; 16-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 16-06-2010, 10:59 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

R H C P at standard level

I've just got myself a 250GB Xbox360 Elite last week, and I am in no way disappointed that I didnt wait for the new one. The only advantage I see with it one is the built in wifi and the wank factor of having the latest and greatest. PS3 still pisses all over Xbox for reliability, speed, Blu-Ray and free multi-player.

My housemate has a Wii, and the only games either of us play are ones where you can sit on your arse like any other console (IE. Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros), so the Kinect has no attraction whatsoever. The Kinect will work with all 360 consoles, the older ones will just use USB and a power pack instead of the separate adapter on the new console. So definitely no advantage there... The technology is still in its infancy though, so maybe in the next generation console it will be worth a look.

+1 for the Playstation move.
Anyone seen the "Greetings from the future" advert? lolz http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/p...hes-against-w/
Old 16-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerm07 View Post
Someone tell me how 4 mates are supposed to have a FIFA World Cup 2010 tournament with kinect?
Not all games will be Kinect compatible otherwise we'll all have to learn how to do Tekken style spinning kicks haha.

But as said this is just an add on feature and not the main console operation.

No doubt if it has all the same insides it could be flashed but I wouldn't be getting one until it's confirmed.

I'll just wait for the current Elite's to get put on a clearance sale then I'll get one of those plus I need to get me a NTSC system too for my 100 odd games that have wrong region for the PAL system.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO

Tags
360, released, xbox