Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-05-2007, 03:34 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Once we sort the average age of our cars and average IQ of the majority of drivers then we can raise speed limits. Teaching people about traffic flow, courteous driving and how to fuckn merge would be a good start
Old 15-05-2007, 03:35 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey
Once we sort the average age of our cars and average IQ of the majority of drivers then we can raise speed limits. Teaching people about traffic flow, courteous driving and how to fuckn merge would be a good start
Yup I agree.
Old 15-05-2007, 03:38 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

I always thought 2 license classes would be cool though. N plates for noobs who have to keep left and drive at the posted speeds, and H plates for hoons who get to use the right lane and +20 on the limit given their car is taken over the pits all the time lol

ps tell me im dreamin
Old 15-05-2007, 03:55 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

GETAGRIP at standard level
Send a message via MSN to GETAGRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza_GT
...perth is infested with retards on the road....and these retards may one day crash into me!
Spend a day with me instructing the V8's at AHG and you'll quickly see how true this is. Out of the 50 or 60 odd punters that come along for a blat in these cars a day, maybe one shows any clue of the consequence of maneuvering a car at high speeds. It's sometimes very scary driving home, knowing that these people are out on the street, thinking they are good drivers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza_GT
...most of us here are competant drivers capable of 140km/h...
Are you sure? I mean I know what to do on a track at 140km/hr, but I'm gonna be f**ked if I'm doin 140 on the freeway and the car besides me decides he needs to switch lanes for no apparant reason, the car behind has left a massive 3mm gap between his and my bumper, and the wittle puppy dog sitting 50m up ahead in the middle of the road is distracted by his tail

Silly, I know, but you get the point, people underestimate how fast things can happen/go wrong at those speeds. I'm quite happy for the Gov to keep everyone around me going as slow as possible - if you get the urge, plonk it on the track, get it outta ya system, go home.

my 2 cents

"you can tell I'm get'n old - I'm turning into a grumpy fart!"
Old 15-05-2007, 03:57 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

skeptic at standard level

Quote:
All comes back to driver education. The pencil pushes like Grant "Dorro" Dorrington say make L drivers have 50 hours experience before they can drive by themselves, or have night curfews, don't let them have turbo/v8 cars etc. - all completely impractical (cept for maybe the last one).

Whack them on a skid pan like at AHG and show them what their car will do in the wet, or full lock understerring into a corner - the majority will think twice on the road next time they get the chance.

Then send them on some advanced driving training, not just how to indicate and parallel park - but how to judge distances, observe all your surroundings, looking ahead at the traffic conditions and observing road conditions. All comes down to experience making the 'right' call whilst driving.

If they still don't get the picture, whack them all in a Hyundai Getz and use them as crash test dummies. No more knee-jerk reactions to 1/1500000 knobs wrapping their Mums VS taxi around a pole.
Old 15-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
You are right about the autobahns, but the roads and speed limits vary vastly throughout Europe. They are all different countries, Europe is not a country. The roads in Bulgaria are far different to those in Germany.
My bad, i was specifically talking about EU countries
Old 15-05-2007, 04:26 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

sn001 at standard level

Quote:
I always thought 2 license classes would be cool though. N plates for noobs who have to keep left and drive at the posted speeds, and H plates for hoons who get to use the right lane and +20 on the limit given their car is taken over the pits all the time lol

ps tell me im dreamin
lol...

I am with you on this one
Old 15-05-2007, 04:34 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Fabs at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Fabs

Driver education is whats letting the system down...road rules are ridiculously basic but are never adheared to what so ever. how hard is it to show a little courtesy? to keep left? to use your indicator? all are simple activities yet seem to be complicated to perth drivers. if we cant even get that right how are we expected to know how to control a car at night in the wet? or on lower grade road surfaces? now put that so called driver into a cheap 1981 corolla with no power steering, 105 wide tyres, no abs, drum brakes and shit headlights.....why not utilise systems like advanced driving courses as mandatory and just as importantly a rebate system to remove dinosaur like vehicles off our roads?......to be simple our system is in shambles.....cars get better but speed limits go down and fatalities increase...what does that say? "Im going to put a yellow sticker on your vehicle because you put wider tyres, bigger brakes, upgraded your suspension to make your car a hell of a lot safer on the road than that smokin vk commodore." but thats another matter all together....
Old 15-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Scoobie Noobie

doluck at standard level

the autobahn is completely differnt to the freeways in wa, the government spends millions of dollars a month to keep the autobahn running. i also think that not having a roadworthy test for cars is stupid to i wonder how many cars have no bolts on their suspension like the kiwi......
Old 15-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Luigi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Luigi

Quote:

ps tell me im dreamin
Thats is one brilliant idea but as you said try tell the government that.

ps: Your Dreaming.

Tags
increase, limits, perth, speed