Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Sir AntiLag

Shauno at standard level
Default A few questions !

Just need a round idea on what these things could be...

On the way home tonight i noticed my BOV going off twice...And a slight whisle when you let go of the accelerator Also a slight increase in turbo spool noise ? Time for a new turbo maybe ?

Question 2 is audio related...I got a new amp pioneer 800w mono block amp running my 2x12" subs Now all was going fine the instal was done clean and clean, but half way through my night last night it cut out once or twice ? Now i have stripped everything back out and its all wired up...Nothings loose etc etc

What happens is the power source light is flickering...All the fuses are fine and dandy. Again any ideas ? Ill be taking the car back to Audiocom to get it fixed or sorted
Old 17-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to joey89

Prob got a leak somewhere in the lines shauno as to why induction sound is louder cause its pissing out air pressure . . .

Any loss in psi or car feel like its not goin as harD?
Old 17-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Sir AntiLag

Shauno at standard level

Car goes same as usual and the boost guage reads the same psi
Old 17-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauno

What happens is the power source light is flickering...All the fuses are fine and dandy. Again any ideas ? Ill be taking the car back to Audiocom to get it fixed or sorted
my guess would be a bad solder joint in the amp itsself - mine was just fixed for a simular problem.
Old 18-06-2007, 01:58 AM
STI Master

SPOOLED at standard level
Send a message via MSN to SPOOLED

also if ur amp cant take the power of the subs it goes in SAFE mode next time it cuts out look at the amp and see if the RED light is on if it is then thats wat happend

and also check ur GROUND wire too and REMOTE the BLUE wire thats behind ur deck see if thats soldered nicely

let us know how u went
Old 18-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Sir AntiLag

Shauno at standard level

SPOOLED we have removed ALL wiring and hard wired the amp for a test and it still does it...All wires are intact and the amp Does not come on at all just flickers the red light.
Old 18-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauno
Check you Earth....
Old 18-06-2007, 09:16 AM