Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2007, 12:55 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

If its the car i am thinking it is, I am not surprised that the witnesses said they thought he was traveling at high speed. I've witnessed a car of similar description driving like an absolute moron around the Morley area. (The owner lives up the other end of my street and only recently purchased the car within the last few months)

Although the whole thing is sad, you have to ask yourself what was he thinking if he was indeed traveling at high speed?!
Old 25-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra
If its the car i am thinking it is, I am not surprised that the witnesses said they thought he was traveling at high speed. I've witnessed a car of similar description driving like an absolute moron around the Morley area. (The owner lives up the other end of my street and only recently purchased the car within the last few months)

Although the whole thing is sad, you have to ask yourself what was he thinking if he was indeed traveling at high speed?!
I couldn't agree more, we all do stupid shit and risk it everytime we do, but in the kind of rain we were having the other night, you would be mad to have been out on the roads let alone speeding in it. He either thought he was safe because he was in an AWD or was being a fool behind the wheel. I err towards the latter.
Old 25-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

[JAZZIE] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [JAZZIE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra

just because he was a tool then(if it is the same person) doesnt mean he was in this instance.. he may have been cautious having his gf and friend in the car plus wet weather as a major factor. you dont know for certain.
Old 25-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

we have esp.

Long live the WRC
Old 25-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Exclamation

Lets all own up and say we always make mistakes and make bad judgements in life and mostly get away with them and learn from the experience. I have been very very lucky myself more than twice but have not had to pay the ultimate price.

In this case I think we can safely say there were a lot of contributing factors that caused the crash. Driver error, lack of experience with a WRX, road layout, poles, trees, standing water, oil on the road. etc.

Driving an AWD WRX does not make your car grip the road like a cats claws on carpet. Yes the grip levels are higher than a normal 2wd car but when the WRX lets go, particularily at higher speeds you will be lucky to come away unscathed.

If you want to explore the limits of your WRX in a controlled enviroment get out to AHG in the wet and go for it. Please please for the public's sake slow down in the wet and have a good hard think about those that are in the car with you if you suddenly feel the "urge". Add alcohol and other substances will shorten your odds considerably.....

With wetter weather upon us PLEASE CHECK YOUR TYRES.

That said condolences to this young man's family and friends, who will never be the same again. Try and live and learn i suppose.

"Don't look back in Anger...."

J

Last edited by WRXTASY; 25-06-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 25-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Does this look like a low speed impact to you?

Please don't bury your head in the sand. Slow down in the wet!
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 25-06-2007, 01:37 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EYEZ at standard level

Yeah he's only had the car since Feb and as far as I know he only owned a Satria before that.

I just want to say aswell that irrespective of whether he was speeding or not, no-one deserves that fate, bar murderers/rapists or paedophiles. He was a nice guy who 'may' have made the wrong choice at the wrong moment.

Also, just to clear up any confusion, it was the passengers girlfriend in the back, not his.
Old 25-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Simon at standard level

Rip

Forester GT
Old 25-06-2007, 02:24 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

Condolences to everyone involved yet having said that if you want to drive beyond what the situation allows do not do it when you are in control of another 2 peoples lives, its just lucky the 2 uninvolved people got away safely and the driver faced the consequences of his actions without taking anyone out with him.

We all do stupid things at stupid times and this was just one of those unfortunate events that went that little bit further than a learning experience. Please be careful in the wet guys and although im just a P plater and i would probably be a hoon, i never speed in the wet it is just too unpredictable. RIP
Old 25-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Sir AntiLag

wrx_diamond at standard level

as said many times before,

I feel for the family and friends and everyone who knew him!

its so sad to see this happen to such a young person!! Please let this be a warning for everyone out there

R.I.P
Closed Thread

Tags
crash, perth, wrx