Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chris at standard level
Default Warranty repairs

Hi all,

Anyone had any experience with getting warranty repairs at subi OP? I just discovered my brand new 07 WRX has a leaking boot. I had the STi style spoiler put on by them when i bought it it so obviously they haven't sealed it properly (water coming through the screws). Hoping they dont try to pull any sh%t on me but im always very cynical when it comes to this kind of thing.

Also some heavy handed oaf has bent one of the boot trim attachment tabs so the trim doesnt sit properly around the bottom where the boot shuts. Hoping they will fix this too. Anyway just needed to vent some anger/frustration.

Anyone with any positive experiences please let me know. Bad experiences will make me want to cry.

Cheers Guys!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:32 PM
STI Master

agentorange at standard level

Sorry to say mate...the people who work in the service centre at Osb Park (well the ones I have dealt with anyhow) are are the biggest bunch of F%#k tards I have ever come across! Every time I've been in there there has been some sort of altercation...

Best of luck with your repair though...!
My rhymes are stronger than ammonia
I'm a diamond, you're a cubic zirconia
Old 01-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

[JAZZIE] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [JAZZIE]

ive had crap experiences with subaru ossie from day one of signing to buy the damn car. always quick to point the blame.. they sold me the car with no brakes and tried to charge me for the repairs. i said no way coz it was sold to me like that. then they told me that i am 1000km out of warranty.. *note i bought extended warranty when i bought the car.. premium service* so that was utter crap. oh and dont expect them to ring you back lol.. not once have i ever had a phone call back from them. i had to call them to find out my car was ready. oh and the loan car they gave me had no fuel. i had to put fuel in it.

overall service. not impressed.

i hope your experience is better than mine was.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:51 PM
STI Master

agentorange at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JAZZIE]
ive had crap experiences with subaru ossie from day one of signing to buy the damn car. always quick to point the blame.. they sold me the car with no brakes and tried to charge me for the repairs. i said no way coz it was sold to me like that. then they told me that i am 1000km out of warranty.. *note i bought extended warranty when i bought the car.. premium service* so that was utter crap. oh and dont expect them to ring you back lol.. not once have i ever had a phone call back from them. i had to call them to find out my car was ready. oh and the loan car they gave me had no fuel. i had to put fuel in it.

overall service. not impressed.

i hope your experience is better than mine was.
Fcuk Jaz...that just sounds all to familiar...

Hows your car going anyway?
My rhymes are stronger than ammonia
I'm a diamond, you're a cubic zirconia
Old 01-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Hi all,

Anyone had any experience with getting warranty repairs at subi OP? I just discovered my brand new 07 WRX has a leaking boot. I had the STi style spoiler put on by them when i bought it it so obviously they haven't sealed it properly (water coming through the screws). Hoping they dont try to pull any sh%t on me but im always very cynical when it comes to this kind of thing.

Also some heavy handed oaf has bent one of the boot trim attachment tabs so the trim doesnt sit properly around the bottom where the boot shuts. Hoping they will fix this too. Anyway just needed to vent some anger/frustration.

Anyone with any positive experiences please let me know. Bad experiences will make me want to cry.

Cheers Guys!
I had the seal between the rear wing and the boot coming out ( 12 months old ) and they were good. Ordered the seal rang when it was available and did a good job when instaling it.

No dramas since. I did however insist on doing a walk round on the car with the service manager and got it in writing that there were no visible marks on the car. ( I was worried about some clown dropping the wing on the boot and denying it )
Old 01-07-2007, 06:58 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chris at standard level

yeah i had a feeling that these would be the kinda responses i would get. Great. For 45K you would think they could seal a spoiler properly. I wish i had the tools/knowledge to do everything myself. I'm sure i could but since it's under warranty ill kick up a stink and see how far i get.

Thanks guys
Old 01-07-2007, 07:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chris at standard level

Ah good to hear MSR! there is hope for me yet! haha yeah i've had the car maybe 2 months. if that. but same thing. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

I got screwed by them too, Went to get a water pump, clearly told them it was for a MY01 WRX, they gave me a RX pump.

My bad for not checking it but they are incompetant fucks!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:34 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

yukky at standard level

Yeah always go around the car with the service manager when dropping off and picking up.I do alot of work for dealerships repairing scratches,dents,etc all service department ups...
Old 01-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Azzuri at standard level

I have had crap service from there to no end. The last time my car was in there for it's 12K service, they lied as to what they actually did to the ECU. I was told they entered codes to alter the way it learns and they also reset the ecu. Then when I called and advised that the car was sluggish and not idling smoothly, they denied doing anything except reseting the base idle. Luckily I had a witness to the claims by the service people.

Recently, I foolished called up asking for the cost to change the oil, nothing else and was told, we don't just change oil, we only carry out services!

I loved it when I asked why the 12K service cost double then the 5K service. The response was we actually put the car on a hoist! So what happened at the 5K service ?

These comments do not make me want to go back!!!

Last edited by Azzuri; 01-07-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Tags
repairs, warranty