Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Sux Tino... GL getting it all sorted...

The only time i've been yellowed, I went down to Myaree Pits and they passed me with only 1 working reverse light, no horn, and shredded steering arm joints!

maybe try a different pit?

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 13-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

and while tino is trying to clear his yellow.... 500 rusted stolen bombs driven by "costalots" pass by unhindered and government funded.
Old 15-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

PM me if you need help.

I've had my fair share of experience at Welshpool. There are certain people to avoid and certain things to do.
Old 15-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer
PM me if you need help.

I've had my fair share of experience at Welshpool. There are certain people to avoid and certain things to do.
Please share or pm me sensei
Old 15-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_psi
i was told this is not allowed as you are not insured to be in the car whilst the inspector is driving....
Utter horse shit

Its your fucking car, not theres, it your insurance, the only reason they don't want you in there is so they can flog the ring out of it

its your property, you wouldn't let someone in your house without your permission, and they sure as fuck are not allowed to drive your car without your permission, be it with you in it, or if you want to stay behind go for it, but to tell you your not allowed to ride in your _own_ car while they drive it, is utter rubbish

tell the inspector to pull the cock out of his arse next time they try that crap and tell them if they won't let you ride in your own car, they can fuck off and find an inspector who isn't such an idiot...

if they won't let you ride in your own car because of insurance, then WTF are they even doing driving the fucking thing, given its not there car, and i doubt the insurance the pits has covers your car if they total the thing, itd be a case of too bad, too sad..

ive never ever let my car leave the pits without me in the passenger seat, and ill be fucked if id ever let a pit inspector in any of my cars without me in it, as its _my_ property, and i have every right to watch how they treat it..
Old 15-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexx
Not having a go at you what so ever, but when i spoke to the guy he gave me a list of what was going on with your car. Did you know 25% increase in power or more is deemed illegal and uninsured if it exceeds 25% He also said that yeah he couldnt test your exhaust, gate and bov etc due to rpm limiter.
without a dyno, or the factory dyno sheet for that very car, how exactly can they determine its had a 25% increase over factory..

bum dyno isn't exactly acurate..

the pits seriously shit me with this stuff, they never ever adhear to the ADR's, which they're meant to, its the person on the day you get..

every state does its own thing, when its not meant to, the ADR's are there as the rules, not something to be ignored and called on ocasionally to find a new rule to bastardise..

i know they're pretty over worked with the cops who think they're enforcing ADR's but actually have no clue about them either stickering every bastard possible, but seriousl.y, if they sat down, read the rules and adheared to them, instead of making it up as they go, 99% of cars, especially modded ones would pass through first go hassle free, and the workload would be decreased by not having the same cars comming through a week later to be picked on for other tedious crap..

its also be the end of a lot of aggrivation on peoples behalf..
Old 15-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

yes i knew they were full of shit... however you pay upfront before they begin to check... and therefore if it comes time to test drive and he goes nar mate you cant come and you go well stick it... he will go ok heres ya keys i will cya tomorrow :P
Old 16-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I wouldn't let them drive off in my car without being passenger at least. Infact, I would probably offer to drive him, as thats how pedantic I am. I have only been to the pits 4 times, so I'm not full bottle on the whole system, but they never drove my car anywhere those 4 times. What defect do you need to be yellow stickered for to get them to take the car for a spin? I've been to Welshpool once, Warwick once, and East Perth twice and no one there ever took my car anywhere.

Good Luck Tino
Old 16-08-2007, 09:08 AM
STI Master

Bakks at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
Not been able to rev the car suffiently to test the noise of the exhaust, BOV and wastegate.. As if 4000rpm limit isnt enough (well for exhaust noise anyway)...

Indicators flashing red instead of orange (hmmm.....)

Oil to be cleaned up (due to my breather incident)

there the main things..

basically he wanted a thrash even though i told him the engine was running in. When he came back from the drive he was pissed and said is there a limiter on even though i had previously told him about the engine...
I can't rememeber the exact amount, but testing of the exhaust is at something like 75% (either way more than 4000 rpm) and at an angle of 45 degrees and a distance of 2 metres or something like that. So its pretty understandable on the first point.

After my experience with the pits, none of the above seem at all out of the ordinary. They can be pedantic cunts. On my 200SX it didn't have child restraints in the rear parcel shelf because of the stereo, so I had to get them fitted..... They're so fucking inconsistent and basically make up the rules as they go alone.

Last edited by Bakks; 16-08-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 16-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks
They're so fucking inconsistent and basically make up the rules as they go alone.
Thats the problem with them. I agree totally.

Mate of mine personally imported two r32 skylines, one 4 door, one 2 door, the 4 door skyline was purely imported to be sold, to pay off the 2 door (good idea and it worked out well for him) but when he put the 4 door skyline over the pits they didnt mention the child restraints or side intrusion bars in the doors, it was basically complied straight away. When he took the 2 door over 6 weeks later after it landed, he didnt bother putting them in, as the other car got thru with out it, but they checked those 2 things first, thus denying the car compliance. Same pits, I guess it was just a different week and a different guy.. but a consistancy would be nice.

Tags
angry, fken, yellow