Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   police harrassment (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/1500-police-harrassment.html)

BALISTC 23-09-2005 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=DAN682]No I think he thought I was a cop, however I am just a scum bag contractor who works for the cops instead.[/QUOTE]

Your a speed camera operator??

DAN682 23-09-2005 08:54 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Your a speed camera operator??[/QUOTE]

No much worse.... IT Support

trainwrex 23-09-2005 08:58 AM

thats bad luck greg.. i think that u should bring a recording device with u in ur car (i.e a dictaphone) and use it everytime u get pulled over.

Its ur right to be able to record a conversation with the police and if u inform them that ur recording then they may not be so arrogant and make misleading comments?

jsut a thought

e-rex-shon 23-09-2005 09:56 AM

What a hassle. And the feeling that there is little you can do about it would really rub me up the wrong way. I hope it all works out for you. Bully boys like this should not be working as cops.

I guess the take home message from this is don't put chromes on your car........you're just asking for trouble ;)

slappy 23-09-2005 10:02 AM

I'd go and see a lawyer. A lot of them do no win no pay deals.

You should be able to claim damages for lost time during work hours and court costs etc. They will ahve to pay for your lawyers fees too. Might make this Arrogant officer think twice.

Fozzy 23-09-2005 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=trainwrex]thats bad luck greg.. i think that u should bring a recording device with u in ur car (i.e a dictaphone) and use it everytime u get pulled over.

Its ur right to be able to record a conversation with the police and if u inform them that ur recording then they may not be so arrogant and make misleading comments?

jsut a thought[/QUOTE]

it is also the officers right to refuse to be recorded

also i would hardly call 4 times in a year (well close to) harrasment.

Lets face facts greg your car does attract attention to itself and you do spend ALOT of time around certian areas.

im not taking sides here im just looking at it from the other side of the fence.

Rexilla 23-09-2005 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=DAN682]No much worse.... IT Support[/QUOTE]

dan you know tuan?

trainwrex 23-09-2005 10:51 AM

[QUOTE]it is also the officers right to refuse to be recorded[/QUOTE]

Are u sure? because normally there is two police officers that attend each scene and thus ur word wont stand up against two. Therefore u are able to have the added protection of recording the incident?

DAN682 23-09-2005 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=Rexilla]dan you know tuan?[/QUOTE]

I know of him, he is a minframe programmer 2 floors above me. I think he is a WAPS Employee not a contractor, if he is a contractor I think he would work for Fujitsu.

tuna 23-09-2005 11:17 AM

live with it, or put your car back to stock.