Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   police harrassment (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/1500-police-harrassment.html)

Bakks 23-09-2005 11:36 AM

Thats a ridiculous statement Stace.

You shouldn't have to live with police harassment simply because you have a modified car.

pmh 23-09-2005 11:48 AM

is it still on VOI listing?

tuna 23-09-2005 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=Bakks]Thats a ridiculous statement Stace.

You shouldn't have to live with police harassment simply because you have a modified car.[/QUOTE]

if your a VOI, then your not going to avoid it.

Mat 23-09-2005 01:59 PM

ROFL. When you get pulled over 4 or more times in one week come and see me :D

The same copper has fined me, stickered me, searched car and RBT'd me before. Funnily enough all around Freo / Cott. Learning not to drive around attracting attn is a starting point ;) Everything bar the sticker was do to my attitude towards his... It never works for me, but when someone is being a dickhead, always be polite back :D

Like every occupation, police are never "safe" from the public. If someone is REALLY hassling you (and your not being a dickhead), im sure there are SENSIBLE and correct procedures to follow.

Simple really. Go into your local police stn and ask to speak to the "boss". Like most ppl in charge, surely they will help you!

Whinging about it on internet forums will not make it stop...

creepin 23-09-2005 02:51 PM

i did just that
i called the OIC at the station he is from and even he sais it sounds like the officer is in the wrong
he said to write a formal letter to the fremantle traffic branch judical? officer
(or sumthing like that)

and it wasnt exactly 4 times a year fozzie
he made some pretty bold statements each time and 2 of the times were 2 friday nites in a row. and both those fridaynites were eitherat my house of 500 metres from it

i found out today he actually spent most of his nite last nite following my car around even after he gave me the fine.

it is absolute bullshit.

my last yellow was very suspicious because i drove past 2 police cars and they didnt pull me over to start with and then all of a sudden within the next 3 minutes i had 2 cop cars speed up behind me and polair above. just a bit too suss for my liking

my lawyers are gonna organise some stuff so hope they can put an end to it all.

as for voi's sometimes they are there sometimes they aint. its a bit weird

Hi_VoLtAgE 23-09-2005 03:25 PM

goodluck with your courtcases and whatnot greg

sikem rex 23-09-2005 03:36 PM

Sounds like some major bs goin on there man.

I dare say the fine will be dropped in all likelyhood. If it sticks i'll be more than happy to drive your car around for 3-6 months :P

Nah in all seriousness, good luck with it all. I'm sure some good will come of this.

-Paul

Giddyup 23-09-2005 03:55 PM

Well I doubt very much that he was spending his entire shift following you (your not that special). Even the most dedicated copper isn't gonna do that. Also, why were you driving around all night? What were you doin? So what if he stopped you on consecutive friday's............big deal. I have stopped acar 3 nights straight, doesnt mean I have a vendetta.
Another thing just in case you didn't notice, your car isn't stock and it sticks out like dogs balls and the fact there was that incident with failing to stop (regardless of the outcome/"it wasn't me"/etc etc), your gonna get stopped again. Yeah, there are some idiot coppers out there so if you feel the need to tape record/lawyer up/document etc etc, go ahead. Hopefully it won't shoot you in the foot.

My 2c.

BLUES 23-09-2005 04:29 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]... your car isn't stock and it sticks out like dogs balls...[/QUOTE]

:icon_puke

PaulCoke 23-09-2005 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=BLUES]:icon_puke[/QUOTE]

:icon_hang