Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

my point is that you are a fool to think Subaru would build a new car if it was not an improvement on the previous model, in every aspect.

Silly to base it on a few laps in Japan.

Did you not detect sarcasm in that post before?

TJ! Heavyweight battle royal! You "might" still have a few kgs on me! weighing in @ 97kgs at the mo : P
Old 17-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
LOl i am not gonna bother with this thread if i get people rocking up and saying that, based on one video haha
But thats what the threads about: the video. I'd suggest comments made based on the video alone are quite valid in this thread...

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 17-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Haha Pete, sorry to keep whipping this dying horse - but car makers do make mistakes.

Look at F1 - one year a team will be up there, the next, they build a bucket of turd.

It is possible. Not saying this is a case in point.

Regardless, the link I posted shows the newer model, both evo and sti, are slower. For what reason, I and you dont know.

And yeah, I wish i was 97kg!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 17-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
yes the Mclaren F1 road car is now more then 10 years old, it isnt all about having a rear wing. But having one is favourable. Even in slalom the F430 was tested and driver said, at speeds of over 220 turning corners/lane switching, having a rear wing is a must for high speed corners. So the rear wing does play a factor. The rear wing is to keep the back end stable, observe the suzuka 130R corner a rear wing is a must to attack that corner at full throttle, Take for example belguim GP spa, Eau rouge a rear wing is a must. But then again a car cant depend heavily on the rear wing either. Take porsche GT3 clubsport against the F360CS at speeds over 250 the ferrari picks up better, So its aero dynamics everywhere, in every aspect including braking stablity
Before posting that stuff, go and learn what a rear wing does and other ways of not having one on the car. A car can be designed to run a wing for downforce. A car can be designed to run without a wing to achieve the same if not more downforce. A large wing does not mean instant stability at speed. Also a hatch design essentially turns the whole roof into a sort of 'wing' to provide downforce.

Now given a Subaru is not a supercar and is possibly capable of only ~240kmh why bother designing it to operate at 300kmh like a Porsche or a Ferrari? The difference between 200 and 300 is phenomenal in aero design.

Now you complain about the new car not being good at high speed slalom runs... How do you know this?

At the end of the day, this thread is about the video posted. In that video the MY08 STi was faster than the old model and the competition. Who knows on another track an Evo might be faster another track a Lada might be faster.
Old 18-01-2008, 12:59 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Silent at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Before posting that stuff, go and learn what a rear wing does and other ways of not having one on the car. A car can be designed to run a wing for downforce. A car can be designed to run without a wing to achieve the same if not more downforce. A large wing does not mean instant stability at speed. Also a hatch design essentially turns the whole roof into a sort of 'wing' to provide downforce.

Now given a Subaru is not a supercar and is possibly capable of only ~240kmh why bother designing it to operate at 300kmh like a Porsche or a Ferrari? The difference between 200 and 300 is phenomenal in aero design.

Now you complain about the new car not being good at high speed slalom runs... How do you know this?

At the end of the day, this thread is about the video posted. In that video the MY08 STi was faster than the old model and the competition. Who knows on another track an Evo might be faster another track a Lada might be faster.

lol this thread has become useless with ppl sprouting out informatoin and getting hostle, back on topic lets just wait and seee !!

Last edited by Silent; 18-01-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 18-01-2008, 05:49 AM