Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   06 STi First Basic Mods? Flash ECU Tune? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/1868-06-sti-first-basic-mods-flash-engine-control-unit-tune.html)

RexcellentSTi 16-10-2005 08:25 AM

[QUOTE=Bruce]Rick,

If you're going to Ecutek you may as well do the turbo back exhaust & intake, this will also save you $$$ on tuning in the future. :icon_idea

keep us posted on the dyno results.

BTW, I've been looking into the new unichip also....should be out in about a month I'm told!

cheers[/QUOTE]

Hey Bruce

My mate has always done a turbo back exhaust, but apparently Subaru says that it has to be Cat Back to keep the Warranty. I will get my mate to call Subaru tomorrow (discretely) to enquire.

He has to go away next week, but it will be booked in to do the mods for the following week and I will keep you all posted.

Cheers,

Rick.

RexcellentSTi 16-10-2005 08:28 AM

[QUOTE=BLU WRX]Get your mate to save up enough to get 3" Turbo Back Exhaust($1500-2000), 400hp fuel pump ($250) and Ecutek 3 ($1500-2000) and do it all in one hit. He'll have a tyre frying 200+kw atw GUARANTEED.

Race Torque in Wangara or Maximum Motorsport in Malaga can do the lot.[/QUOTE]

Cool, they sound like great mods and within his budget. Thanks.

NVRENUF 16-10-2005 09:04 AM

Id do turbo back and just keep the stock in the shed if u have problems latler just change it back ... Exaughst that is

Bruce 16-10-2005 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=RexcellentSTi]Hey Bruce

My mate has always done a turbo back exhaust, but apparently Subaru says that it has to be Cat Back to keep the Warranty. I will get my mate to call Subaru tomorrow (discretely) to enquire.

Rick.[/QUOTE]

IMHO the risk to void the warranty with all the mods you have discussed is relatvely low....you are doing what many have done before. Go the mods!

RexcellentSTi 16-10-2005 09:51 AM

Sounds awesome to me Bruce.

GO THE MODS!

RexcellentSTi 16-10-2005 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=NVRENUF]Id do turbo back and just keep the stock in the shed if u have problems latler just change it back ... Exaughst that is[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely keep the stocker handy. What about when you take it in for servicing at the Dealer?

BM747 16-10-2005 09:57 AM

Yeah Race Torque is your place Rexcellent. Just had my Foz XT tbe'd, filtered, dropped on its ass, vf30'd and ECUtek 2'd. They tuned it for 95RON (i live in Broome) and squeezed out 160kwatw @ 12psi. Dave and Lane know what they are doing.

They also maintain that the ECUtek is a good way to go, because unless the mechanics at subaru actually know to look for it, they are none the wiser

RexcellentSTi 16-10-2005 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=BM747]Yeah Race Torque is your place Rexcellent. Just had my Foz XT tbe'd, filtered, dropped on its ass, vf30'd and ECUtek 2'd. They tuned it for 95RON (i live in Broome) and squeezed out 160kwatw @ 12psi. Dave and Lane know what they are doing.

They also maintain that the ECUtek is a good way to go, because unless the mechanics at subaru actually know to look for it, they are none the wiser[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. Race Torque in Wangara is a good option. Cheers.

Huy 16-10-2005 07:02 PM

I saw your post on another forum, and you stated you were getting springs installed at your first service. Which springs do you have in mind, Rexcellent?

RexcellentSTi 16-10-2005 07:56 PM

[QUOTE=Huy]I saw your post on another forum, and you stated you were getting springs installed at your first service. Which springs do you have in mind, Rexcellent?[/QUOTE]

I was just going to get the STi springs from the Dealer at the 5,000 kms service, but they are quite expensive. What are you getting Huy and what can everyone else suggest for me and of course my mate.