Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

thats why they call them accidents. Its an accident. you'll see one day if you havnt yet.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:40 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

the kiwi at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
gravel > ABS anyway

kwinana freeway (potholes) > ABS
Old 05-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper89
thats why they call them accidents. Its an accident. you'll see one day if you havnt yet.
If the intention was to be 'clever' and push the car beyond it's limits/ driver experience on a public road/ uncontrolled environment... how does one call that an "accident"?

You don't shove your cock into an industrial meat grinder and then claim "ooops, I must have lost my penis by "accident"?!!

/... or maybe you do, who knows???
Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarooboy
If the intention was to be 'clever' and push the car beyond it's limits/ driver experience on a public road/ uncontrolled environment... how does one call that an "accident"?

You don't shove your cock into an industrial meat grinder and then claim "ooops, I must have lost my penis by "accident"?!!

/... or maybe you do, who knows???
Ok then, i lost control of me car trying to do something silly, you got me. But take your backdoor fetishes with meatgrinders away from this forum.. not my cup of tea..
Old 09-06-2008, 10:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

trusti rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETAGRIP
I think he's saying that he made a mistake in believing that AWD should be able to cope with any driving situation - which I think is the same mind set that a lot of AWD owners suffer from (including myself when I first got my car). I think you should lay off, as he's clearly aware of the consequences 'now' and learnt his lesson. And for the record, you don't have to be behaving like a 'dick' to have a loose in an AWD car - sometimes the loose has zero to do with power or drivetrain, just simple physics.

Fixed!

yeah so many people have a misconception that AWD cars somehow magically grip more than F/RWD cars... umm, no. the only place this applies is in the gravel i.e. rally or rain. its actually tyres that do all (95% of) the gripping. once they have let go and you are trying to get the car back on track is where all the differences come into light, with the way the different drivelines try to find grip.

if you get real race technical etc yes an AWD car will allow you to put more power to the ground earlier than other layouts etc but coopers example was based on not understanding AWD properly
Old 09-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

tonight turning right around a large roundabout (no traffic etc..) 2nd gear clutch in revs up clutch out = power slide
Old 09-06-2008, 10:41 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusti rex
yeah so many people have a misconception that AWD cars somehow magically grip more than F/RWD cars... umm, no. the only place this applies is in the gravel i.e. rally or rain. its actually tyres that do all (95% of) the gripping. once they have let go and you are trying to get the car back on track is where all the differences come into light, with the way the different drivelines try to find grip.

if you get real race technical etc yes an AWD car will allow you to put more power to the ground earlier than other layouts etc but coopers example was based on not understanding AWD properly
I find my rex seems to have more grip than my old silvia, same tyres too. Some of the corners the subi gets round in the wet comfortably, the silvia never would have. I'm not talking about putting the power down either just getting round smoothly.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

2way diff + rwd + rain = crub like my s13 mate of mine his stock rims not even stock anymore
Old 10-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Bent

Clint at standard level

Everybody has off moments from time to time. As long as it's not putting anybody elses life at risk it's not that bad
Old 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

trusti rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy
I find my rex seems to have more grip than my old silvia, same tyres too. Some of the corners the subi gets round in the wet comfortably, the silvia never would have. I'm not talking about putting the power down either just getting round smoothly.
wouldnt doubt it at all like i posted
the only place this applies is in the gravel i.e. rally or rain
all things equal though, AWD is usually only superior once tyres have lost traction. thats why subaru = so good on gravel (tyres are virtually sliding 100% of the time). other things do come into play like how good your suspension keeps your tyres planted, driving style, car weight... endless list, but all things equal AWD wont save your ass if you hit a corner waay too hot or something

Tags
awd, love, subaru, threadshare, weather, wet