Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Missing / Flat on boost .. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/22717-missing-flat-boost.html)

nauli 17-02-2009 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=RichX]Standard ECU with a Verso, had the Verso done agges ago. Problem came up about a year after the tune. I think it's Brant and/or Fuel Pump[/QUOTE]
OK, so why don't you take it to ASG then?

RichX 17-02-2009 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]OK, so why don't you take it to ASG then?[/QUOTE]

It's already been to ASG, they couldn't find a problem (didn't have it long enough for it to happen) - Replaced the spark plugs though.

Still gonna continue trying to find the issue though.

Going to replace:

Crank Angle Sensor
Cam Sensors

and do some fuel diags.

Will see how it goes after all that ..

waxdass 17-02-2009 11:32 AM

are you using the proper subaru scan gauge to read for CEL's ?

coz a normal OBDII scanner wont cut it.

jasonmurray 24-03-2009 10:55 PM

Howd you go with the Vacuum/BOV testing Rich?

Intra 25-03-2009 06:44 AM

MY01/02 WRX?

WRX variants have what we call TGV valves, i've seen a few of them which have misbehaving TGV's sensors and actuators before. Sometimes the valves shut due to gum buildup or just actuator fault and thus produce all kinds of issues.

Do you regularly use upper engine cleaner?

Thought about removing them?

Personally, i've only ever had a problem with a brant module on a MY01 WRX back in the day. Car would perform faultlessly and then randomly jerk around and cut out. This was resolved by having Technik Car Audio (Macey) install an aftermarket alarm and audio gear (and yes i even had doof doof back in the day).

RichX 28-03-2009 09:03 PM

MY01 WRX

Has been fine for ages again, but has suffered the issue once since having the cam and crank angle sensors replaced. Use upper engine cleaner often.

Wouldn't mind removing the Brandt system, but it appears to be operating normally, and doesn't chirp at all while driving (ever) and have also inspected the key sensor on the ignition barrel which also is operating correctly.

RichX 31-03-2009 06:59 PM

Question:

If the car is struggling to start, and you hear a rapid clicking type noise coming from around/under the glove box while the car is cranking, what would that be?

Had the issue on the way home from work, started running like shit. Pulled over, turned off car, new it would struggle to start, heard rapid clicking noise from around that area while it was struggling.

Cheers

Mister Two 31-03-2009 07:02 PM

battery dying. Maybe Alternator not charging it? Relays make the clicking noises

RichX 31-03-2009 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=Mister Two]battery dying. Maybe Alternator not charging it? Relays make the clicking noises[/QUOTE]

Extra information:

Had headlights on while trying to start it - It was cranking hard, just didn't wanna fire, lots of clicking.

Turned headlights off - Cranked up first time, problem gone. Will replace the battery this weekend.

I've noticed sometimes when i have my headlights on when i start it, one of the HID bulbs doesn't come on until i turn the lights off/on again ... related? Maybe.

While i was running a ECU Scanner, it was reading a fairly consistent 14v. Drive around with my lights on often, no real signs of alternator issues, everything looks nice and bright, added an additional earth a few months back.

Battery is old, and quite small .. But never really has any issues cranking.

pmh 31-03-2009 08:22 PM

An earthing issues may be causing "leak" somewhere?, eg the HID wiring's not come lose or something behind / under your glovebox
got any subs or stereo wiring, like fuse running around that area?