Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-11-2009, 05:41 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

spider at standard level
Default MY09 Modifications

Hi

I rang Maximum Motorsport in Malaga to get a quote on a TBE and tune for my MY09 wrx. The guy there told me that he's done a handful of MY09's already and have made gains of up to 40kw (atw)..my questions are:

1. Has anyone here had their MY09 modified with these guys and if so, how do u find them and have you had any problems so far?
2. Will just a tbe and tune give me that amount of power gains, or will I also need to get a fuel pump?
3. I was quoted $2250 for the exhaust and $1995 for the tune...is this a good price? It seems you can get a tbe, tune and fuel pump for alot less in the eastern states!!
4. I know things tend to be more expensive here but can you recommend any other places?

I also contacted Race Torque Engineering and they quoted me pretty much the same price..except they use ECUTEK which I heard is very restrictive in a sense that if you use a bad batch of fuel for example, the ECU will automatically revert back to backup mode and you would have to go back and get the ECU tuned again!!!

This brings me to my last question..is it better to go for an open source tune?

Thanks heaps
Scott

Tags
modifications, my09