Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Subaru Tech Division

EVL WRX at standard level

Just got a quote from Just Cars online:

Premium Amount
Comprehensive $1,272

Your Available Options
Rating One Protection $35

Reference No QTE********

Policy Type Comprehensive
Car Use Private
Quote Valid To 03 Feb 2006
Rating 1
Postcode of Insured Address ****
Date of birth of youngest driver *****1975
Gender of youngest driver Male
Year obtained licence 1992
Car has been purchased Yes
Car is privately imported No

What is this?
Excesses
Excesses on your policy are the amounts you have to pay towards each claim.

When one or more excesses apply to your policy, they will be shown on your insurance schedule and updated on your renewal notice. If required by us, you must pay your excess before we make any payment or provide you with any policy benefits.

You will not have to pay an excess if we agree that the driver of your car is not at fault and you give us the name and address of the person who was at fault or the registration number of their car.

The types of excesses are: Standard, Vehicle, Business Use, Age, Named Driver, Accessory, and Theft.

Please see Policy Documents for full details of cover.

Excesses
These are the excesses you must contribute to each claim:

Standard $450
Plus Vehicle $1,200

If applicable, you may also need to pay one or more of the following excesses in addition to the excesses listed above.

Age Excesses
Female Drivers Aged 16 - 22 $400
Female Drivers Aged 23 - 24 $300
Male Drivers Aged 16 - 22 $650
Male Drivers Aged 23 - 24 $550
Accessory Excess (In Car Sound System) $400
Accessory Excess (Wheels And Tyres (Optional / After Market)) $400

Driving History of the Youngest Driver
The driving history of the youngest driver for the past 3 years is:

Claims and Accidents
Nil

Thefts
Nil

Licence Suspensions/Cancellations & Disqualifications
Nil
Your Car
1999 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX CLUB SPEC MY99 TURBO F/IN 4D SEDAN T

You advised us your car has no unrepaired damage
Purchase date Mar 2005
Purchase price $25,000

Amount Covered: $25,000
Plus Third Party Property Damage up to $5 million
The amount covered includes all non standard accessories and modifications noted on this policy

What is this?
Has the car been modified?
A modification is an alteration, conversion or change made to your car from its manufacturer’s specifications (e.g. lowering the car’s height by changing/altering the suspension, changing the exhaust system by fitting a larger one, adding a body kit, etc)

Just Car Insurance’s motor policy will only cover your car and its modifications if they are road worthy, legal and we have agreed to cover them in writing.

Modifications we have agreed to cover
Air Filter, Blow-Off Valve, Exhaust, Intercooler, Larger Turbo/S, New Computer/Ecu, Suspension Modified, Boost Controller, Taillights, Sports Seats

What is this?
Select any Non-Standard Accessories fitted to the car
These are accessories fitted to your car that did not come standard from the manufacturer. These can include optional extras and/or after market accessories e.g. sound system, alarm, sunroof etc.

Just Car Insurance’s motor policy will only cover your car and its accessories if they are roadworthy, legal and we have agreed to cover them in writing.

Non-standard accessories we have agreed to cover
In Car Sound System $3,000, Wheels And Tyres (Optional / After Market) $2,500, Gauges, Immobiliser, Turbo Timer, Alarm, Sound Proofing, Tinted Windows

Endorsements
The Following Item(S) Must Be Fitted To Your Car For Your Car To Be Covered In The Event Of Theft Or Attempted Theft: Australian Standard Immobiliser.
The Following Modification/S Are Also Fitted To Your Car: Fuel Pump.

So even though they 'cover' your mods, they are not included in the insured price of the car.. If it get's stolen or written off, they only pay out the purchase price, not the purchase price plus mods....

Also if I make an at fault claim my excess will be just under $2.5k!!!!!!

Last edited by EVL WRX; 20-01-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old 20-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Sir AntiLag

Narchi at standard level

better than ur whole car not being covered coz of ur mods and u not stating it.
Old 20-01-2006, 06:18 PM
STiroids

Check out Suncorp Insurance. My broker found them for me and in my case they were cheaper then the others by a mile. Also allow for a specific list of mods including suspension mods, power / performance upgrades etc etc...They'll also do online quotes pretty quickly.
Old 20-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Sir AntiLag

Narchi at standard level

stiroids how old are. Just curious coz if they cover younglings like me ill give them a call also.
Old 21-01-2006, 06:17 PM
STiroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narchi
stiroids how old are. Just curious coz if they cover younglings like me ill give them a call also.
Veteran mate....just ticked over to 28. Premium was cheapest around, $1100 for an 06 STi. It'll be heaps more if your under 25.
Old 22-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

SIR WRX @ WA at standard level

RAC comprehensively insured my car with all the mods disclosed. I faxed them a two page list including pillar mount guages, forged pistons, FMIC, custom pipe work, surge tank, etc.etc. for their record, as I didn't want any 'drama' in the event of a claim. That was 4 years ago when very few insurers would cover a rex and even fewer for a modified one. Not sure if they changed their position now.

Other car is also insured with RAC and I was happy with they way they handled my recent claim and the quality of repair. So I would recommend giving them a call.
Old 23-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Hrmm... This insurance thing is giving me the sh$ts atm.

HBF: No boost control or engine management mods. Easy and they were pretty up front letting me know.
RAC: Initially any mods, so long as I disclose them. Upon second call to check a few items, I asked them to confirm if they will or won't insure the vehicle with engine management mods, as per HBF. They now said they won't insure with boost control or engine management.
Shannons: Said to phone Just Car.
Just Cars: Premium too expensive and the excess, woah...
Wesfarmers: Not interested unless I opened some other form of business insurance with them.

The RAC phone lady has me puzzled, as initially she said any modification is fine, but after I asked her to check about the ECU, she came back and said they won't cover it. So does that mean if I tell them it is just a Motec M800 or ECUTek etc and not engine management they will cover it, since they don't seem to know what they are talking about?
Old 23-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

I'm with Shannons....covers all mods, and I mean all mods.

They were about 10 bucks cheaper than RAC too, and RAC was about 1000 bucks cheaper on all other quotes I got.
Old 23-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
I'm with Shannons....covers all mods, and I mean all mods.

They were about 10 bucks cheaper than RAC too, and RAC was about 1000 bucks cheaper on all other quotes I got.
I think I will be phoning them next year... Unfortunately I only turn 25 this year and the guy on the phone said the policy would be over $2,000 due to being under 25 and to try just cars. Since the quotes from HBF and RAC were about $1,200, its not worth wasting the time to get an expensive quote.
Old 23-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

i got quoted 1359 with just cars, all mods. everybody else didnt want to know, Shannons said they would insure only on the basis that the car is kept in a garage. RAC didnt want to touch it. Weird i guess it is who you get on the phone, which means theres no real consistency. pfft.

oh btw im under 25. I previously had a 180sx insured with just cars as well worth about half as much as the rex and the premium on that was about 1200 so all in all i got a decent quote.

Tags
insurance, mods, wrx