Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 10:16 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bigboosst is unrated

I want it done right, i just only have the funds to pay for a second hand engine (1000$) and get it installed. Worse comes to worse, i mix n match parts and pray it lasts long enough to afford a proper rebuild, or a 207 shortblock and go from there.

Right now, any moving vehical i can use other then my motorbike in this weather is golden, wether i hate it or not haha.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Well I won't ask why you bought a car from a dealer when it had done over 180k and paid dealer prices. I guess I made plenty of mistakes at your age too haha EA Falcoon being one of them.

I would persue the dealer and see if they are willing to help out. If it becomes a hassle as it more than likely will especially with a backyard dealer (if that's who you went to), then pay for the short motor and get yourself back up and running and accept your losses.

If you were to take it to court and spend the time fighting it, as said above I think you'd have a pretty good case.

If the dealer will help out do not let their mechanic do it! Agree on a reputable Subi mechanic.

And who was the dealer? I don't see any reason to keep it a secret, neither party has done anything untoward.......yet

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bigboosst is unrated

Ok, the dealer is Highway cars and commercials on albany highway, vic park.
Im only 19, and it was silly, i agree. But the car is honestly immaculate. Not a single dent, scratch or scuff on the exterior/interior. Litterally, beautiful.

The engine looked healthy, not a single oil leak (and none of that highpressure spray/degrease before viewing) There was still gunk buildup over time on the engine, just no leaks. so was happy about that =P But apparently, a leaky engine can be better then a sound looking one, as i so found out.

Im going to contact the dealer and let them know that there is know way to get it in writing without paying a 1000$ strip, (yes i spoke to Jim. Top bloke. If i get this long motor, he's the man thats putting it in =P)

As far as they are concerned they want me to proove the damage before they even consider looking at it. Do they actually have any legal obligations to take the car and inspect it ect, or will it be one of those things where i say, "Sorry, i need 1000$ to get the cars inspection report or i could pay 1000 for a new engine and im not willing to pay that, what can you do?" And im guessing there response will be "Nothing, without a report".

In which case, is there anything they should be doing and are not, under the implied warranty? Is it REALLY my job, to do all this running around.. shouldnt this just be considered there problem to deal with, considering i find it hard that im truely at fault here.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/ConsumerProtection/

Send them an email and see where you stand and take it from there mate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:40 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bigboosst is unrated

I've already contacted them, and got them to make a file and im keeping them updated.

I haven't put through a complaint, until obviously a decision is reached by the dealer as to wether he will help or not.

Im about to call and inform him of todays revelations, and see if he's either willing to put it in writing saying if i get it ripped apart and its the big end, he will repair it. Or try to get him to pay for the new engine (1000$) and be done with it.

See how he reacts, and then negotiate my plan of attack.

Im honestly considering court now, as if this was taken to that length im sure i would win. And a free full rebuild could be on the cards then.... =P
Old 11-11-2010, 11:07 AM
STI Master

SweLLy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboosst View Post
Im honestly considering court now, as if this was taken to that length im sure i would win. And a free full rebuild could be on the cards then.... =P
sounds pricey either way.

goodluck though
Old 11-11-2010, 11:13 AM
STI Master

BoxorBeast at standard level

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, all this really does suck! hope it works out for you
Old 11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Before you go the court route and all of that.....

You have done the right thing calling consumer protection. Next phone call should be to the MTA, explain your case. They helped me out in a major way when the cock suckers at Lane Ford started being tools.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:41 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bigboosst is unrated

We've sourced a few engines... for some reason they seem to price from 1.2k - 3.5k
All within similar Kms, different wreckers =S Wonder if you get what you pay for in this sense, when it comes to a second hand motor..
Old 12-11-2010, 01:02 AM
STI Master

BoxorBeast at standard level

Sorry to Hijack Bigboosst - But does anyone know what my EJ257 short block is worth ? its done only 30,000kms and has damage to 2 pistons. cracked I beleive

Tags
engine, popped, yay