Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Why are WRX's so hard to sell? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/41205-why-wrxs-so-hard-sell.html)

MattuZ 29-03-2011 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=PerthWRP10;550200]Not sure if i agree with that, our YTD sales are higher than last year in New Cars (which was our record year - and we are the biggest dealer in the state for Nissan). The manufacturers actually increased our targets by 30% this year :(

For used cars it is a little quieter currently, but i expect that to change in the coming months.. as the availability of new cars slows down (Japan quake causing production/supply problems) the used market should take up the slack. But i'm expecting more info next week, as i think manufacturers are keeping quiet until after Japanese fiscal year finishes before releasing detailed info on the effect of the quake/tsunami and rolling lackouts.[/QUOTE]

thats for nissans though, not subaru.

johnvk7 29-03-2011 09:54 PM

I didn't know Nissan made a WRX?

MY99GT 29-03-2011 09:56 PM

i'm talking about the market in general, the only dealer who has really lost out this year is Toyota who have dropped 2% in market share...

I'll have a look at the sales details at work tomorrow, i think Subaru sales are up.

kid 29-03-2011 10:00 PM

I bought my rex a couple weeks ago from the seller one week after he placed the ad. Before this i was looking for over a year.

Was looking for a either a bugeye sti or peanut eye sti.

With the exception of maybe 2 good examples (which i didn't buy because i didn't have the funds at the exact time), most cars i saw were either over priced, highly modded, or high kms....sometimes a combination of all three....

I think bottom line is that prices are too high....at least that was my experience when looking....

Although having said that....as soon as i got my car i noticed a couple of really good cars turn up....

Such as Luigis.....

Why didnt you put it up for sale 2 weeks earlier!!!! You got all the mods i want too.... :(

Jezza 29-03-2011 10:01 PM

I think its due to the fact that early models are so cheap now, and as they are usually regarded as the classic, favourite wrx, most buyers cannot justify spending 2 to 3 times more money on what is fundamentally the same car.

Further to this, I think that these cars are not worth as much as they used to be, as there are more around etc...some people have realised this, some have not I guess

johnvk7 29-03-2011 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=PerthWRP10;550206]i'm talking about the market in general, the only dealer who has really lost out this year is Toyota who have dropped 2% in market share...

I'll have a look at the sales details at work tomorrow, i think Subaru sales are up.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Impreza set a new record in January, and Forester rules the SUV market, as it has for years.
But I don't see the new WRX moving quite like I thought it would. Which is the point I was making.

92 RS 29-03-2011 10:11 PM

i wonder if Rally Australia (WRC) had an impact on the local sales market?

Damo69 29-03-2011 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;550132]No one is buying anything at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Im trading in on a evo x or 335i. Cbf wirh perth carsales prices

moving to brissie......

johnvk7 29-03-2011 10:16 PM

There was nothing really like the WRX when it came out, not ADM anyway. Now there's a variety of grey imports it has to compete with.

teejay 29-03-2011 10:48 PM

Like what?

There is nothing on the market that is mid sized, 4wd, turbo for 45k.