Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

I noticed at the v8's this year, the utes were running A048's as their control tyre. I this is the style of use they require. 10+ hot laps to gey heat into them to get the best from them. With the sprint stuff we need a tyre thats on super quick and dosent nessasarily have to last 10mins of continous (proper) use.
Old 25-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckle View Post
Carl

Looking at Targa SW next year as well as a few of the SES, although with a road going STi I'm a bit out of the league of the more track orientated 4WDs, but as I'm resigned to compete against myself so all is good.
Targa AWD's in general will probably not be as quick as your car if they comply to regs since they can't be modified as much as a modified road car....track cars are a different kettle of fish....
Old 25-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Targa AWD's in general will probably not be as quick as your car if they comply to regs since they can't be modified as much as a modified road car....track cars are a different kettle of fish....
There is obviously a bit divide in driver skill between where I am and those who compete regularly. Fortunately, on the weekend just gone Brendan Templeton was there, and I was round .3 of a second behind him. (I asked if he was running in his tarmac spec, which he said he was) That said its on a track, and there are no big Jarrah trees on the outside of that big bump on turn 2, and putting the odd wheel off on the sandy type soil at the track is along way from doing it on pea gravel.

Not sure how standard Jamie and Madys car is, but I take your point about the level of modifications allowed, fortunately I have the standard turbo and intercooler, that can go back on the car, and then retune, just need the air box.

SES the 4WD need Four wheel drive cars of both sedan and sports car configuration that must be road registered. Cars may be modified. Such cars will not be stripped out internally (except in the case where a full roll cage has been fitted, then the rear seats are permitted to be removed, but door trims and a passenger seat must be installed) they must run mufflers and use treaded tyres. These tyres must not be derived from competition slicks or wet weather racing tyres.

But this is getting away from the purpose of this thread, sorry Carl

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/

Tags
a050, problem, tyre, yokohama