Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-2006, 05:01 PM
blackietattat

Default Where do you go Shopping?

Hi,

I think I've really gotten the modding bug now. I've bought what I could get in terms of accessories and now I want to go abit on performance. Im from a regional/remote area so i cant heavily mod my car in case if something goes wrong.

So far, I have bought my defi guages and a avcr. Just got my rear sway bar. so Im looking specifically for a cat-back exhaust (keeping in mind that I do not want to go hard core modding) so a tbe wouldnt be necessary. Maybe a bigger tmic, then i will be looking at springs and rims.

The bottom line is, where exactly do you guys go shopping and would i be able to have their contact details please and maybe, give me sugguestion to a newbie like me.

PS. I have a my06 rex.
Old 29-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackietattat
Hi,

I think I've really gotten the modding bug now. I've bought what I could get in terms of accessories and now I want to go abit on performance. Im from a regional/remote area so i cant heavily mod my car in case if something goes wrong.

So far, I have bought my defi guages and a avcr. Just got my rear sway bar. so Im looking specifically for a cat-back exhaust (keeping in mind that I do not want to go hard core modding) so a tbe wouldnt be necessary. Maybe a bigger tmic, then i will be looking at springs and rims.

The bottom line is, where exactly do you guys go shopping and would i be able to have their contact details please and maybe, give me sugguestion to a newbie like me.

PS. I have a my06 rex.
Hi Blackie,

I would save the money on the AVCR and the TMIC and put them into a decent 3" TBE and a piggyback.

The car will run slightly on the richer side with the exhaust. As for AVCR, boost levels can be adjusted via aftermarket ECU such as piggyback, reflash or standalone ECUs.

A fairly mild level of mods would probably be Intakes (pod or panel), 3" TBE, and Aftermarket ECU.

I believe others have different opinions so at the end of the day it really depends on what you want. Enjoy the new car !
Old 29-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

www.greenline.jp
Old 31-05-2006, 12:24 PM
blackietattat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer
Hi Blackie,

I would save the money on the AVCR and the TMIC and put them into a decent 3" TBE and a piggyback.

The car will run slightly on the richer side with the exhaust. As for AVCR, boost levels can be adjusted via aftermarket ECU such as piggyback, reflash or standalone ECUs.

A fairly mild level of mods would probably be Intakes (pod or panel), 3" TBE, and Aftermarket ECU.

I believe others have different opinions so at the end of the day it really depends on what you want. Enjoy the new car !
thanks...yeah the avcr was abit of an over kill. As mentioned before, i dont want to go too heavily on mods as no one in town around here really knows how to tune one..so im just going for bolt on mods....

thanks denver, exactly what i wanted...but does any of you guys know any places more local?
Old 31-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

www.horsepowerinabox.com.au
Old 31-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to joey89

www.modyourcar.com.au

www.perfectrun.com.au
Old 31-05-2006, 11:43 PM
blackietattat

ok nothing i can really find, but how about i tell you guys what i want and u guys tell me where to get it...

Catback - doesnt have to be branded, just have to have a nice sound.
06 bigger intercooler.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Don't worry about the intercooler yet...or filter/rampods (changing filter on an MY06 does bugger all).
Get a QUALITY TURBO BACK 3" system (emphasis on quality) plus ECUTek tune...why...because if you do the exhaust alone you may have problems on an MY06 (with overboost and leaning out).
There are a number of good workshops in Perth who can help you out.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:39 PM
blackietattat

there's no dyno tune area here..because im very isolated as well.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:41 PM
blackietattat

so hence, i got to get the supplier to ship the goods over here....sad i know! paid 4k to get my car sent here on top of the purchase price!

Tags
shopping