Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Big Chris at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
Wow, you make it sound so enjoyable! Admittely, I must admit my first crossing of the 'bor was pretty enjoyable, I think it was the 14 other journeys that eventually gave me the shits. Out of curiosity, did you try stopping at the Bight at all? To this day it's still one of my most memorable views.
Not this time but have stopped at the cliff lookouts many times before. And have turned off to the Head of the Bight several times to see the whales. If anyone is looking for the best time of year to do the trip I suggest July-August-Sept in the whale season, weather permitting you will see 30 - 50 or more whales from the cliff lookout in this bay. You don't need to be a greenie to be amazed at this! The turnoff is about 15kms East of Nullarbor Roadhouse and only 12kms sealed road to the Head of the Bight.

I have done 13 return trips (26 crossings) of the Nullarbor over 40 years, some fast (4 mates in rental car to Adelaide F1 GP), some slow taking in the scenery. First trip was in 1971 in my 1967 XR Falcon V8 when there was still 500 kms unsealed road - now that's a car I wish I still had!

Cheers.

Tags
bringing, home, nullarbor, retirement, toy