Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Scoobie Noobie

dangriffin87 at standard level
Default New to forum - upgrading 2011 wrx sti

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, not sure if I am posting this in the right place!

I am currently thinking about upgrading my STI. All my friends have V8s and I don't know where to start. I was thinking about starting out by getting it tuned. Anyone know any places I could get it done? Or maybe some sort of ECU I can buy online sort of like the COBB AP, but something that will work with aussie STI.

Secondly can anyone suggest a decent exhaust and intake system?

Then finally if anyone can just help me out in general with tips about how to go about getting more power out of my soob!!

Thanks guys
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Welcome, search function is your friend.

Forget the COBB system. The one map suits all nature of them is a good way to either a) not get the most out of your car, or b) have your engine shit its nappy. Since the maps are based in the US they hold very little relevance here in regards to fuel and atmospheric conditions. Get a custom turbo-back exhaust and a tune to start you off. Search "Verso" and "ecutek", read lots, make a decision. Nothing much to be gained using cold air intake on the MY08-MY13 but if you want annoying intake sounds then go for it. Just make you do that before getting it tuned.

I'm not sure what the stock STi swaybars are like, but swaybars are one of the best bang for buck mods you can do (on a WRX at least).
Old 13-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Search up Mitchwnz driveway thread :-) he has just done the same thing as your asking about.

Sweet car! Sedan or Hatch?
Old 13-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN

Welcome mate! Nice car choice

Those 'annoying' intake sounds are a matter of opinion. Having never previously owned a turbo car before, I love the noise I get from my Process West CAI. Loud enough to make you grin, quiet enough to be drowned out by the stereo. But yeah, you won't get any power gains from it. TBE & tune will give you a few ponies
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Tags
2011, forum, sti, upgrading, wrx