Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Crappy E85 at Osborne Park! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/62953-crappy-e85-osborne-park.html)

RJ999 30-09-2015 06:07 PM

Crappy E85 at Osborne Park!

Hi all just a quick public service announcement...

There is a problem with the tank or the pump at United Osborne Park. The E85 content has been reading around 70 at this station over the last month or so, for those who aren't flex tuned and only E85 tuned, please stay away.

I've notified the store owner of this with the proof and he is investigating his tank/pump etc...he will advise when it is fixed or has a date for the fix. That is the only United where the ECA has read less than the normal 79-81 range, everywhere else is fine.

Hope this post saves many ;)

Tony 30-09-2015 06:23 PM

Pump e85 = Peasant fuel :p

Rossco 30-09-2015 08:25 PM

Righto RJ......

I go through 110L per week at the moment & 90% of my fuel comes from Osb Park & 10% from the Hepburn Ave. site, most recently pumped in 42L at Osb. Park at 4pm today.

My AFR's today are showing the same as the day I tuned my car (3 months ago) on the permanently mounted wideband system in my car.

If the unleaded component of the fuel was substantially higher than it should be then I'd be showing WAY richer AFR's than tuned.........But it's not it's still 11.4:1 WOT at 22psi.

That's the beauty of tuning non-flex on E85.....If you fill with another fuel by mistake your car will be PIG rich & make no power (at least 30% over fuelling).

XT43 30-09-2015 08:37 PM

Why did it take a month to tell us?

Rossco 30-09-2015 09:26 PM

P.s The problem would be at the refinery (if there was one) - seeing as that's where E85 is blended.

A low ethanol content would have nothing to do with the boswer or the tank at the actual service station.

type25 01-10-2015 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;830717]P.s The problem would be at the refinery (if there was one) - seeing as that's where E85 is blended.

A low ethanol content would have nothing to do with the boswer or the tank at the actual service station.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily the case;

There is always the possibility that some muppet fuel tanker driver pumped fuel other than E85 into the tank.

RJ999 01-10-2015 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=XT43;830714]Why did it take a month to tell us?[/QUOTE]
As I wanted to be sure and the first couple of times I thought it could the car's fuel tank or something...also didn't want to say anything without proof and without talking to the station owner first. Test was done by filling up at ozzy park where it read 70 and going straight to gnangara to fill up again where it brought the Ethanol content to 80% on the same day.
[QUOTE=type25;830738]Not necessarily the case;

There is always the possibility that some muppet fuel tanker driver pumped fuel other than E85 into the tank.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you're on the money here, they have had their tank cleaned in the first week september where their e85 pump was offline for a few days, I believe that was the result of some muppet doing exactly that...the owner wouldn't say why...

Rossco - do you have an Ethanol Content Analyzer? Test was done with a friend's car that has a Zeitronix ECA.
I had noticed that my car wouldn't feel as good when filling up at osborne park sometimes so we decided to test it.

Jacob Ayres - if you reading this maybe you should go get a reading from your ECA at ozzy park when you get a chance next to see what you get.

N1GHTH4WK92 01-10-2015 01:51 PM

Well I guess this could potentially explain why my car has jumped to 18afr on idle/ cruise for the last 3-4 tanks of fuel if this is true. Did spark plugs this morning, didn't fix it, and has new coilpacks. Splutters before boost and sounds misfiry on idle.

Rossco 01-10-2015 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=N1GHTH4WK92;830742]Well I guess this could potentially explain why my car has jumped to 18afr on idle/ cruise for the last 3-4 tanks of fuel if this is true. Did spark plugs this morning, didn't fix it, and has new coilpacks. Splutters before boost and sounds misfiry on idle.[/QUOTE]

It would go Richer (lower AFR number) if the ethanol content was lower than it should be i.e the fuel has a higher unleaded percentage.

N1GHTH4WK92 01-10-2015 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;830743]It would go Richer (lower AFR number) if the ethanol content was lower than it should be i.e the fuel has a higher unleaded percentage.[/QUOTE]

Fuck. It goes to like 11 or 12ish on full boost. Sits at 22+ on rot/idle. Has only started sitting at 18 pretty recently, fuck knows what's causing that then...