Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlyn
anything over 45 klms over then its called dangerous driving (reckless) and loss of licence to whoever was driving...
Not always. I know of people caught at 50+ from multi's and got 6pts, without any drama's from the police. I also know 2 people on these forums who've been caught MUCH higher than that and got lucky with 6pts from the police.

I think you should stand up and take responsibility for your actions. You clearly didnt learn the first time, so maybe you will this time. You do the crime, you do the time
Old 12-09-2006, 06:56 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

1crznrx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Not always. I know of people caught at 50+ from multi's and got 6pts, without any drama's from the police. I also know 2 people on these forums who've been caught MUCH higher than that and got lucky with 6pts from the police.

I think you should stand up and take responsibility for your actions. You clearly didnt learn the first time, so maybe you will this time. You do the crime, you do the time
you will definantly loose your licence. After the hoon laws came in, anything 45km over the speed limit comes with the charge of reckless driving which has a manditory 6 months licence cancellation (which means you have to sit for your driving test again) and a $500 fine (but they can increase both penalties as they see fit.) i was done 60km over and even tried to argue that i was not being reckless as there was no one else on the road and the conditions were fine. best just to take it on the chin
Old 12-09-2006, 07:42 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crznrx
which means you have to sit for your driving test again
if he does get done for reckless (which he shouldnt) he should fight it, as reckless is not defined only by speed. there are a list of parameters that define careless, dangerous and reckless. and no, u won't have to sit the test again.

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 12-09-2006, 09:17 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

xeon at standard level

You only have to resit the test if you were on your Ps at the time.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:38 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

[MARZS] at standard level

i got my fine bout 6 weeks after i got flashed, and that was bout 2-3 months ago, so i wouldnt be suprised to recieve a fine after 8 weeks...keep you sweating on it. a mate of mine has been waiting for about 6 weeks as well atm and told him to keep waiting
fines are big now, i was doing 134 in a 100 zone and coped 4 points and $300 i think
get that pushy ready and cleaned, u'll b needing it
Old 12-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crznrx
you will definantly loose your licence. After the hoon laws came in, anything 45km over the speed limit comes with the charge of reckless driving which has a manditory 6 months licence cancellation (which means you have to sit for your driving test again) and a $500 fine (but they can increase both penalties as they see fit.) i was done 60km over and even tried to argue that i was not being reckless as there was no one else on the road and the conditions were fine. best just to take it on the chin
You wont always loose your license. Trust me on that one. Before and After hoon laws (which dont achieve much, other than an extra penalty to your wallet. Loosing car for 48hrs means SFA really.).

You only have to sit your driving test if your on your P's. I also know this from personal experience

I do agree with the take it on the chin part though, but that comes with growing up.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:27 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PFFT]
if he does get done for reckless (which he shouldnt) he should fight it, as reckless is not defined only by speed. there are a list of parameters that define careless, dangerous and reckless. and no, u won't have to sit the test again.
It used to be that way, but was amended as follows (non-relevant parts omitted):

60. Reckless driving

(1) Every person who wilfully drives a motor vehicle in a manner (which expression includes speed) that is inherently dangerous or that is, having regard to all the circumstances of the case, dangerous to the public or to any person commits an offence.

(1a) A person who drives a motor vehicle at a speed of 155 km/h or more commits an offence.

(1b) A person who drives a motor vehicle at a speed exceeding the speed limit set under this Act for that vehicle or the place where the driving occurs by 45 km/h or more commits an offence.

(2) A person charged with an offence against this section may, instead of being convicted of that offence, be convicted of an offence against section 61 or 62.

(3) A person convicted of an offence against this section is liable

(a) for a first offence, to a fine of 20 PU or to imprisonment for 9 months; and, in any event, the court convicting that person shall order that he be disqualified from holding or obtaining a driver's licence for a period of not less than 6 months;

(b) for a second offence, to a fine of 24 PU or to imprisonment for 9 months; and, in any event, the court convicting that person shall order that he be disqualified from holding or obtaining a driver's licence for a period of not less than 12 months; and

(c) for a third or subsequent offence, to a fine of 48 PU or to imprisonment for 12 months; and, in any event, the court convicting that person shall order that he be permanently disqualified from holding or obtaining a driver's licence.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 12-09-2006, 10:37 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Also, regarding the need to re-sit the test... this only applies if your licence is CANCELLED within the meaning of Section 75, which applies to 2nd or subsequent "prescribed offences"; reckless driving is not one of them.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

As much as it was a pretty stupid thing to do i'm sure most of us have done it. I extremely luckily got off what could have been a very bad experience with nothing more than stern words. I left work, and (unknown to me) pulled out in front of a cop car, turned into a side street and booted it up to quite a stupid speed and the cop chased me down and pulled me over. However because he didnt have a gun on me, and by the time he caught me i was stuck behind another car doing 60kph he gave me a extremely stern warning and pretty much scared the bajesus outta me! i was pretty unlucky however to run into a cop at 2:30 in the morning in the suburbs...

Also my mate just got a fine from a camera from just over 2 months ago... so your not outta the woods yet!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:56 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz
Also, regarding the need to re-sit the test... this only applies if your licence is CANCELLED within the meaning of Section 75, which applies to 2nd or subsequent "prescribed offences"; reckless driving is not one of them.

yep.. i've had TWO reckless, never had to re-sit any tests.

if it was on a freeway/highway u should be able to plead/argue dangerous rather than reckless and get away with it (depending on how the judge feels on the day)

www.lumensphotography.com

Tags
140kms, flash, multanova