Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-11-2006, 03:01 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Has anybody else noticed how the sellers ad on Ebay is written in legible english, using correct grammar and syntax while the letter from the seller seems to be written in Pigeon Engrish?

The important thing to remember with Ebay, is that if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is!

SCAM!!!
Old 27-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

besides, what kind of retard ships a car to another country before checking if they can acually drive it.

You would at least think that scammers would try and make something more believable. : <<----to scammers

Last edited by gumby2006; 27-11-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 27-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

i've seen better ones than this

a gallardo was going for 50k ;-)
Old 27-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.r.s
With all my respect i wish you a beautyful day !
Peggy Leslie - Kluuvikatu 8,Helsinki,Finland

take it from us... the address is fair dinkum.. but the name..... err *wrong* def. not finnish!!....say if it was like 'Juha Kankkunen' or ' Ari Vatanen' then by all means buy buy!! lol
save the scams for nigeria.. they need the attention

Last edited by muggz; 27-11-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 27-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

from the original gist of it i'd say shes partnered or something with a finn

morooooooo
Old 27-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation
from the original gist of it i'd say shes partnered or something with a finn

morooooooo
damn poor finn... he thinks his woman has good grammar
Old 27-11-2006, 10:45 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

The feedback score (0) and the membership join date (24/10/2006) by themselves should tell ya that this is a dodgey Ebay scam setup! The half educated Ebay scammers would at least buy 10 or more very cheap, small items, thus earning the 1st star rating, in order to give an impression of being legit...

Oh, and another thing... being a 4 door, it has to be a V6 STi... wasn't released here until Aug 1999, yet the listing shows build date March & 1st rego in July.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)

Last edited by westoz; 27-11-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 28-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

I've just received a message back from the seller:

Thank you for your interes regarding my 1999 Subaru Impreza WRX STI.I am a retire bussines woman who decided to move with his familly in Helsinki,Finland to spend my next years of life in peace and joy.I have allways loved cars of all kind but i was verry disapointed when i have seen that i can't register any of my cars here in Helsinki,Finland (THE CAR IS IN Helsinki,Finland WITH ME) so i decided to sell them all.I allready sold 3 cars and this one is the last.The reason that i can't register it is that the car is a AU vehicle and it doesn"t comply with the EU emission standards.So that is why I prefer to sell it at this low price back in AU because here i can't get any money for it and i can't drive it so is unuseful.For me,money aren't so important so i can afford to sell it at this price and be glad that i have made someone happy.The car is in perfect condition,you will not be dissappointed, i guarantee you this.The total price including shipping and any other fees is 7500 AUD.I must tell you that i allready have a lot of offers so the deal will be a fast one.Because this is a large transaction and due to the overseas dealing I want to do it with a third party service that holds the funds until the item is delivered,inspected and accepted .We will complete the deal only through Ebay using their Business Protection Program.If you want to buy it please email me your full name and address for shipping so I can initiate the transaction through Ebay.After that they will contact you with all necesary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.)

I'm going to be playing with this person, just for a laugh
Old 28-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
I've just received a message back from the seller:

Thank you for your interes regarding my 1999 Subaru Impreza WRX STI.I am a retire bussines woman who decided to move with his familly in Helsinki,Finland to spend my next years of life in peace and joy.I have allways loved cars of all kind but i was verry disapointed when i have seen that i can't register any of my cars here in Helsinki,Finland (THE CAR IS IN Helsinki,Finland WITH ME) so i decided to sell them all.I allready sold 3 cars and this one is the last.The reason that i can't register it is that the car is a AU vehicle and it doesn"t comply with the EU emission standards.So that is why I prefer to sell it at this low price back in AU because here i can't get any money for it and i can't drive it so is unuseful.For me,money aren't so important so i can afford to sell it at this price and be glad that i have made someone happy.The car is in perfect condition,you will not be dissappointed, i guarantee you this.The total price including shipping and any other fees is 7500 AUD.I must tell you that i allready have a lot of offers so the deal will be a fast one.Because this is a large transaction and due to the overseas dealing I want to do it with a third party service that holds the funds until the item is delivered,inspected and accepted .We will complete the deal only through Ebay using their Business Protection Program.If you want to buy it please email me your full name and address for shipping so I can initiate the transaction through Ebay.After that they will contact you with all necesary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.)

I'm going to be playing with this person, just for a laugh
Keep us posted, i didn't get a reply as soon as i mentioned using escrowaustralia... funny that
Old 28-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Here is the conversation so far....this could end up being very fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Hi Peggy,

I am very interested in purchasing this vehicle. I prefer to do this through eBay, because I feel much safer having the transaction approved correctly.

My name and address:

Joe Satriani
Unit 6, 134 Riff Rd
Surfallien WA 6757
Australia

Regards,

Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay scammer
Hello again ,

I got your info and already sent it to Ebay hoping they will contact you soon with all the details.
After you will hear from them please email me back because I need to know for sure if this is a done deal!

Hoping to hear from you soon .

Peggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay scammer
Hello again ,

I got a letter from Ebay that they have sent you the invoice for the car.
Just wanted to be sure,that you received it and if you understood
how to make the payment, and how to confirm it.
Now I will wait for the confirmation from Ebay that you have
made the payment, and i will start the delivery of the car.
I will tell you exactely when to be home to receive it once i start
the shipping.
It will be inssured at the shipping company for the transport. All the
documents, including owner's manual, clear title and bill of sale
will be provided along with the car.

Thank you and look forward to doing business with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Hi Peggy,

I havent received any invoice from eBay yet, but I'll wait for it. Once I receive it, I will let you know and I'll continue to make the payment.

Regards,

Joe
I'm thinking, once we get the "fake" eBay or payment link, I'll get someone to forge one in return with a payment made....and see what they do from there
Closed Thread

Tags
car, ebay, fake