Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Simon at standard level

sounds a bit dodgy doesnt it

Forester GT
Old 27-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Reply back and say how interested you are but insist on using escrow australia

I bet you they say no

Edit: Actually I am going to e-mail this person, telling that I will intend to buy immediately

Ok E-mailed

I even kept with stupid grammar just so he/she understands

Hello, I am interesting in buying said car I will transfer fund to http://www.escrowaustralia.com.au/ ok?

Last edited by DAN682; 27-11-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 27-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Simon at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
thats my old car... whats it doing in NSW???
do u know who purchased your old car? If it is infact a scam get in touch with em and let em know

Forester GT
Old 27-11-2006, 11:44 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

hybridgx at standard level

For a seller or buyer of a vehicle, wouldn't you have to be expected to go through security proceedures like ecrow. Its too big of money to deal with, $200-400 you might get away with, but anything over $500 id go through some sort of security proceedure. Never bought anything off ebay b4 so not sure how secure it is.
Old 27-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
do u know who purchased your old car? If it is infact a scam get in touch with em and let em know

Nah i dont i traded the car in to peel subaru when i got my sti, but this was a good 2yrs ago, so it might have changed hands.
Old 27-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Wet & Messy

slugwrx at standard level

sounds similar to another wrx (my99) on ebay i inquired about...

'Hello,

I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me. First of all, let me assure you about the performances and about the condition of it. As you can see in the images the car is in a perfect shape, perfect cosmetic and engine conditions, and meticulously maintained. No damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, the engine doesn't smoke, runs and sounds awesome, the engine has never been repaired or something like that, never been into accidents and it is as advertised . The price I am after is $12,000.00 AUD. I'm the owner and the transaction can be completed quickly. You will receive all the papers and documentation, the clear title and the certificate of origin and all the bills and invoices. There is no money owning on the title and you will not have any complications about the registration and licensing the car. I'm a veterinary, specialized in thoroughbred (horses) and for the next three months I will be located in London, UK at a special training program. The car is located in Robertson, New South Wales and is ready for delivery, sealed and packaged so we can close the deal as soon as you're ready. A deposit of $4,000 AUD is requiered to buy my car and reserve it for you. The shipping costs are deducted from the price so there will not be any additional costs or charges for you regarding the shipping. I will only close the deal through eBay. I am eligibile for their protection for transactions up to $20,000.00 against fraud and material misrepresentation through the Vehicle Purchase Protection Program. This program is provided for free on all eligible passenger vehicle transactions completed on the eBay Motors site. There's no sign-up, opt-in, or registration necessary. Your passenger vehicle purchase is protected for up to $20,000.00 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower. If we will agree the terms of the sale, i will register the transaction with eBay Motors. You will send the money to their staff, they will verify the payment and if everything is in order, they will advise me to ship the car. After you'll receive the car, you'll have 7 days period for inspection. If you deciede to keep the car, ebay will forward the money to me. If, for some reason at all, you don't want to keep the car you will get your money back. So, eBay will forward me the money only after you'll receive and test the car.
I hope you'll agree with my terms and we'll finalize the transaction smooth and fast. If you agree with my terms, forward me your details (full name, address and ebay ID) so we may begin this transaction through ebay.

Thank you for your conceded time, I'm waiting for your reply.

Mike'
Old 27-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Sir AntiLag

dan.r.s at standard level
Send a message via MSN to dan.r.s

it is really bad, ive heard the consumer watch and police do not do much about fraud over ebay and alike..
Old 27-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

I too have emailed the seller, just to see what they have to say about it
Old 27-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

Generally they ask you to use escrow to buy but I have heard of them
registering domain names like www.trust-me-escrow.com that look legit
and just swallow up your money.

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]
Old 27-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

ah well i have a friend who lives in turku just a few hours out of helsinki, shame he doesnt know a great deal about cars tho.. lol
Closed Thread

Tags
car, ebay, fake