Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-02-2008, 04:59 PM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

There are two others from here with one on order also - mine's boat arrives 5 March so should see 7-10 days later. **crosses fingers**
Old 22-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

[JAZZIE] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [JAZZIE]

Car: MY03 Subaru B4 Liberty Sedan
Agreed Value: 29k
Cost: $27,891
Insurer: HBF
Suburb: Gosnells
Insurance per year $1474.80
repayments: $57.40 f/n (my repayments went up by like 5 bucks a fortnight because I moved from Yokine 6060 to Gosnells 6110 LOL)
Imposed Excess: $400
Voluntary Excess: $200
Driver Excess: NIL
Age Excess 21-25 years: $450
Loss of Licence end of 2004 start of 2005
Last speeding fine was start of 2007
No accidents
No claim bonus 30%
My insurance gets reviewed in 3 weeks which they reckon it should drop alot because ive got my health care linked to them as well as my no claim bonus will have increased amongst other discounts.. so bring on the 21st of march!!
Im probably being ripped a new arse but i dont care because ive never had any dramas with HBF in the past (been a member for over 10 years)

Last edited by [JAZZIE]; 22-02-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

I was just ready doadrifts insurance thread and it sparked my interest, glad i found this thread after a search.

My Car: MY99 Impreza WRX STI
Insurer: Shannons
Type of cover: Agreed Value
Insured Amount: $28000
Regular use.
No Claim Discount: 55%
Basic Excess: $500
Theft Excess:$0
Claims & Accidents: 1 stolen vehical claim/Nil accident claims
Traffic Infringements: 1
Vehicle Catergory: Modified
Annual Premium: $1482

Question: When we bought the car I shopped around for insurance and had trouble getting it, tried RAC, HBF, QBE all said no deal issue was too many mods we wont insure (we have another car insured with RAC only ever claimed once when it was stolen and our home insurance is with QBE) tried Just Car but no way I was paying the premium they were asking (I think it was almost $4000) Shannons was only one that would cover it with the mods. Anyone else have this problem?

I know a few have had their baby insured and then done mods and insurer has just upped premium as added. I wouldnt have thought I would appear a high risk as I've only had 2 traffic infringements in 13 years both speeding fines 10kms over limit. No accidents. (not no accident claims, no accidents) and the theft claim (why steal a 95 Magna? like wtf weirdos)

Not that I have any problems so far with Shannons (havent had to claim yet tho touch wood) and from what I can tell I'm getting a good deal. just curious.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Blueraven at standard level

My Car: MY08 Impreza STI
Insurer: Suncorp
Type of cover: Agreed Value
Insured Amount: $64000
Private use.
No Claim Discount: 55%
Basic Excess: $250
Theft Excess:$0
Claims & Accidents: 1 stripped vehicle claim
Traffic Infringements: Loads
Vehicle Catergory: Stock
Annual Premium: $1442
Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 AM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

I tried RAC QBE HBF....RAC qouted me near $3000 for 1 year with something around a $1000 excess. QBE and HBF both rejected me. Another thing RAC told me that the Version 6 Stis are listed in the high risk performance vehicals. I giggled when she said that. They add a lil extra on top. So I when to JustCar, they qouted me $2000 for the first year with a $2000excess. I figure Ive been driving for nearly 5years, and I havent had any mis-haps...the excess wasnt a problem. This year it went down by $300 for the preimum. Ill post the outline in the format as above one i get home from work
Old 10-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

what i cant beleive, is my insurance went up $20 a month because i moved 10mins down the road! What a joke!!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Hah, each suburb rated diff man, if we could predict the future and see if you where to have an accident/get your car stolen we would have a bit more accurate figures, but we can't, deal ^^.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Wow thats a bit high mate? 3k and you have been driving for 5 years? How old are you mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taktics
I tried RAC QBE HBF....RAC qouted me near $3000 for 1 year with something around a $1000 excess. QBE and HBF both rejected me. Another thing RAC told me that the Version 6 Stis are listed in the high risk performance vehicals. I giggled when she said that. They add a lil extra on top. So I when to JustCar, they qouted me $2000 for the first year with a $2000excess. I figure Ive been driving for nearly 5years, and I havent had any mis-haps...the excess wasnt a problem. This year it went down by $300 for the preimum. Ill post the outline in the format as above one i get home from work
Old 12-05-2008, 12:25 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Grayzee at standard level

Hey question guys... Because mods for the most part make a car "illegal" to drive on the roads, can insurance companies turn this around on you and not pay out on a claim, even if you have the mods registered with them? ie, mods registered with insurance company, no engineers certificate, hence illegal mods.... Will we still get paid out by insurance companies in a crash or otherwise?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayzee
Hey question guys... Because mods for the most part make a car "illegal" to drive on the roads, can insurance companies turn this around on you and not pay out on a claim, even if you have the mods registered with them? ie, mods registered with insurance company, no engineers certificate, hence illegal mods.... Will we still get paid out by insurance companies in a crash or otherwise?

Hey Mate,

depending on what mods you have insurance can be declined. i know insurers frown upon boost controllers and aftermarket ecu's. there will be a section in the insurance brochure stating which modifications are allowed or not, you really need to look at your insurer as all policies have different guidlines.

With illegal mods i would say all insurers could decline a claim as the vehicle is not upto road safety standards.

Who are you insured with mate.

Tags
insurance