Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-01-2006, 10:12 AM
WRXRW

Ive cut it close previous years, but this takes it to the extreme.

We pick it up at 7am from MMS. After a brief shake down and given the all clear by Steve Wisby the drive down there begins! The mini cruise down to the plex was awesome. Toni, Tristan and Clint came down. It was steady steady for a few moments, then not much into the freeway, click it back a few gears, anti-lag on and punch that AP accelerator pedal! Then its game on, T and Clint joined in the fun, we can't help ourselves! So looking forward to the next pdiddy cruise!

I had one of the best weekends with the car ever. From the look of people everytime it went up on the air-jacks to little kids giving the car the big thumbs up cause it sounds cool! At the end of the day, its all about having fun and I was like a little kid again.

I would like to extend the biggest thankyou from the bottom of my heart to Maximum Motorsports. Rob, Steve, Broady, Paul and young Daniel, thankyou. They delivered the car of my dreams (if not cutting it close!) Its a shame, that photo's don't do their work the justice it deserves. Take it from me, strapped into the seat you can't help but want to hurt the car. Built to take it too and that's the best thing about it. I can say this honestly, more than I can handle right now!

I will continue to keep perth-wrx posted as we take it up a notch or three with its next stage of build.

Personal thankyou's. to my best friends, Jamie, Amit and Jonno. Thanks boys, for everything.

Big ups to the whole pdiddy crew! Shout outs to AJ, the dogfather of all things cool, love ya brother! Chris, you are a dood! we will always have our special time in the cool room together! Pete, a legend among fully boosted nutcases. Adz, junior...take note, its your turn next! Rob, works for the rival shop, but you are still my brother, always! we did it brother! Blaise, its okay the 'nut was gay, but your are the MAN! DC, even though u drive a it's-a-shitty you are the rock of pdiddy....Lil Dan....This man, fly's in from QLD every year for the MV weekend, that's dedication from a perth-wrx member. It's a shame you had to leave early this year, but I hope you had an awesome weekend! and lastly Nick Gianco, the Original and Still the Best!

MattyP for all the photo's, sorry about the hearing loss!

MMS's new apprentice, Daniel who along with the rest of the boys helped out with that nitrogen bottle and everything else.

Done and done...now I can sleep for a few days and get back to normal.

MV07....ohh dear god not again!
Old 17-01-2006, 07:51 PM
WRXRW

I stopped into MMS this morning and straight away "hey, its EAMON!"

Anyway, boys had a suprise for me, they got me a bottle of Gentleman Jack Daniels, a MMS jacket, MMS baseball cap and a MMS dress shirt....how nice is that!

Before long, talk had shifted into top gear about the plans for this dry-sump/tank setup and a few other ideas we got bouncing around! It really is an illness which I have no cure for. No point stopping now, the car has to be finished! One thing though, we have to plan this a little better because this last hour/minute/second to the wire is very stressful. Like anything, you learn from your experiences and hopefully try and avoid the same mistakes again.

Thanks MMS, I will celebrate with the bottle and a bag of ice this weekend with a few close friends.
Old 17-01-2006, 08:35 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
So looking forward to the next pdiddy cruise!
So does that mean the fans can expect to see it again Sunday.

Nice of MMS to get ya all that gear, but what you really want is shares. If there's another two builds like that last one coming I'm buying up *cha-ching*
Old 17-01-2006, 09:16 PM
WRXRW

sorry to let the sporting fans down but ill give this sunday a miss.

if all goes well my carbon fibre guy finally gets me those door trims so i can get the dark tint organised and in this down time i will look at getting the thing b-regged asap. hopefully just in time for the perth-wrx anniv cruise which happens at the end of the month, well, the date is the 28th of Jan 2001 so around this time. 5 years already!
Old 17-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

I'm in for the 28th.
Old 17-01-2006, 09:37 PM
STI Master

I didn't realise it wasn't registered, ha.
Old 17-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Tuned
I didn't realise it wasn't registered, ha.
pretty sure the car is rego'd, just b-reg will mean its a more hassle free experience to drive the car around

a class rego with the car as it is, is begging for a reaming
Old 18-01-2006, 01:06 AM
STI Master

But doesn't B then mean it can't be driven on the streets unless your going to the workshop or race?
Old 18-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

i think it means u can drive with any cams affliated club.. so cruises would be inlcuded..

and u can say ur getting parts for ur car etc.. im sure its very easy to flout the law in this case
Old 18-01-2006, 09:54 AM
STI Master

Thats not so bad then, just may have trouble explaining your drive thru visit.

"Officer I could have sworn they had diffs on their new taste menu"

Tags
motorvation, odyssey