Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Camm at standard level
Default Newbie Introduction

Hi Guys!

My name is Cam, about 8 weeks ago i bought my one and only dream car!!! a blue 2004 stock standard (hopefully i can change that) wrx. I effin love it! Since i was a wee lad ive wanted one sooo badly - my parents even bought me little models of them to keep me calm haha.

I guess thats about it for my background. I decided to join perth wrx to hopefully get some advice from all you guys in the know about a few things.

1. where the hell do you guys go to get fog light covers and STi scoops etc etc? I've spoken to wreckers and looked on ebay and theyre all either out of stock, VERY expensive or have a carbon fiber pattern which (i think) would look shithouse on my rexi.

2.(and this is the most important question) I want to slowly built up my rex into a killer rocket ship. however i also dont want to go so far over board that it becomes a track car only. Ive spoken to some garages and they reckon i should start with an engine tune followed by a bigger ball bearing turbo (im not very clued up when it comes to cars so forgive me if i mess up the names of parts - hopefully ya'll will educate me) but this costs around $4-5k. Sooo my question is: what are the most price efficient, and effective (in terms of power output) modifications that i should start looking at?

Cheers for any advice!

Ps ive never been a member on a forum before so apologises if i post something in the wrong place etc etc

Tags
introduction, newbie

« hi peeps | Hey all »