Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Well IMO you could be very competitive if you didn't care about destroying your car and not getting any insurance payout. 2:50's would be 2:40's... R Comps probably give you another 5 seconds per lap... and then suspention/power the rest. It really comes down to how big your nuts are, and how late you are prepared to brake and how early you get on the power LOL.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Boof57 at standard level

You guys are funny, thanks for the info I am going to drop in and see the guys early next week and have a chat to see what we can come up. Appreciate the help and also the banter.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 AM
STI Master

TheDoctor at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
Need a car =(
Lol. You had a perfectly good one a few months back.
jEstEr?, Master D and REXXXED like this.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:03 AM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

Whats your budget?
That'll dictate whether any of the above is actually relevant... besides all the "I'll beat you if I had decent rubber" knicker twisting.... ;-)

Personally, I'd kick off with a low budget GC8, learn shitloads about the car and driving technique, then, budget permitting, move on, up, sideways, whichever takes your fancy..

That's been my plan and I'll either keep my gc8 next year and as planned compete in improved production or street cars at Barbs..

OR, recently I've been having the feeling of shifting direction into targa type events and either sell the GC8 and move to a later model or shift it to targa spec.....

Either way, I've learnt shitloads, spent a bit, but its all helped in learning how to set the car up...

my 10c..
Old 06-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee View Post
Whats your budget?
That'll dictate whether any of the above is actually relevant... besides all the "I'll beat you if I had decent rubber" knicker twisting.... ;-)

Personally, I'd kick off with a low budget GC8, learn shitloads about the car and driving technique, then, budget permitting, move on, up, sideways, whichever takes your fancy..

That's been my plan and I'll either keep my gc8 next year and as planned compete in improved production or street cars at Barbs..

OR, recently I've been having the feeling of shifting direction into targa type events and either sell the GC8 and move to a later model or shift it to targa spec.....

Either way, I've learnt shitloads, spent a bit, but its all helped in learning how to set the car up...

my 10c..
What sort of events have you done in the past?
Old 06-09-2012, 05:36 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

I learnt to drive with the seat of my pants on gravel in rallying many years ago. But now the shift to tarmac, I need to learn all over again, you drive the car and attack corners very very differently.. I like oversteer, but I've learnt thats gunna be the expensive way around the track...

Have been slowley building the gc8 over the last 12months and have just been doing tuning days etc, while I get the set up to a point where I am happy to 'event' it..

But the feeling of late has shifted, Targa type events were never really on the radar, but with a potential change in budget and watching alot of targa in car footage, it has definatley raised my intertest, especially from the rally background..

Tags
race, toretto, wrx