Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

cmy_747 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Haha, wow, that is awesome to see! Glad its all worked out for you Danny.

I really should have bought the car back when Dave's son offered it to me, but didn't think twice about it and now you've gained BIG TIME.

Few things:

- That cooler has seen better days I spent a whole week straightening each fin out when I bought that, and now its back to square one haha
- Front lip is missing
- Filter is different
- Oil leaks must have occurred after I sold it, as it was dry as when it was in my possession.. all good though, you've sorted those out.
- Stock oil line was fitted when it was in my ownership (the FP20G was based on a journal bearing TD05, similar oil requirements to the stock TD04), not sure why it was restricted?
- It made 352HP at the hubs just before I detuned it to 16 psi, because Dave didn't want that much HP, as he was planning on using it for regularity trials.

I'm really glad this thing is still kicking.. although its racked up the km now :P :P I sold it with 10k less km on it.

Anyway, enjoy! All the info you need on the car is on this forum.
yeh thanks joe slowly slowly il get it back in to tip top shape again..
that would've been a bitch straightening those fins out, i would've cut my losses lol..
yeh the turbo seemed to worked good when i first got it, it made 215kw on 21psi but air/fuel and timing were all over the shop.. when i started to fix the leaks and some other things i noticed heaps of oil around the turbo drain pipe so i pulled it off only to discover alot of shaft play..oh oh!!..pulled it apart and thrust bearing was shattered both turbine wheels were cactus and the front comp cover was ground down from the turbine wheel moving back and forth... done a lot of research on that found out that journals shouldnt have any restriction what so ever i took out the little filter out of the banjo bolt thats on the back of the head, and also deleted the banjo bolt off the turbo all together..just a straight line they love it more oil the better.
Attached Thumbnails
turb2.JPG   turb.JPG  
Old 10-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

cmy_747 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
Welcome aboard. As soon as I saw "NSW" I thought to myelf "shit, he's going to Leb-spec it!$!@". Good to see you're keeping it tasteful :P
lol thats funny is nsw really that badly known for that...
in sydney this thing wouldve been finished lol..
maybe 10 yrs ago i wouldve leb spect it.. not now, like u said tasteful is the look now
munya likes this.

Tags
balistc, called