Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Scoobie Noobie

punjabi408 at standard level
Default gc8 Spoiler

Hi just wanted to give a little introduction. I am from USA and have been looking for a rear spoiler for a GC8(2.5rs here) I found this 22b replica spoiler The Spoilershop - Body kits, Spoilers, Carbon Race Wings, Bonnets, Bonnet Scoops, Ute lids, Hard lids, 4x4 Flairs, Dash kits, L.E.D's, HID Lighting, MOMO, canopies - IMPREZA MY93 - MY00 WRX 22B REAR WING and have been talking to them about shipping to the US. I was wondering if anyone has bought this spoiler and how it fit. Also if anyone knows of a good shipping company that is not not to bad price to ship to the us.

A little background about me. I was always into cars and one year when on a trip to Europe to visit my family and one of my family friends had a 22B. After getting a ride in that car i knew i wanted a subaru. Few years later i bought a 2009 wrx and it was a good car but had a lot of transmission problems (long story there). Me and my brother always kept our eyes out for 2.5rs and luckily one day my brother spotted a white 4 door 2.5rs at a train station. He left a note next thing we ended up buying it.

We bought the car knowing it had a head gasket problem and so started looking for a engine to swap. We swaped that car with an EJ257. Luck would have it that one day my brother would run into a guy at mcdonalds who had a BRP 2.5rs coupe that he was willing to sell. So we ended up buying that also and selling my 2009 wrx.

Everything was good tell one day a lady rear ends my dad driving the swaped rs (No major injures). Now im in the process swapping over the parts into the coupe and need a new tail because the v6 tail that was on the 4 door rs is completely destroyed.

Any help and info about the spoiler would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Old 12-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Scoobie Noobie

NueKaede at standard level

G'day mate, I have this exact spoiler on order to be fitted in the next week or so, and will let you know what the fit and finish is like.

Afaik the mounting points are the same as the v6 spoiler.

Shipping from Australia will be really expensive so that is something to keep in mind.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 15-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Thank you hope the install goes well
Old 15-01-2016, 11:45 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NueKaede View Post
Shipping from Australia will be really expensive so that is something to keep in mind.
Might not be *so* bad with the exchange rate the way it is...
Old 24-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Scoobie Noobie

NueKaede at standard level

I had it fitted friday, out of the box the fit isn't perfect(but what aftermarket part is?) with a little bit of tweaking it fits really nicely. The moulding is top notch, I can't find any obvious join lines, and the adjustable portion works exactly as expected.

Old 30-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Looks nice and nice car. Do you happen to have any pictures from the back. I really want that spoiler now just have to figure out shipping

Tags
gc8, spoiler