Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2017, 07:13 AM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

207 will cope with everything a Blouch 1.5 will throw at it.
I ran a twin scroll on one that was a similar size turbo Litchfield LM450 billet. That was happy at 440whp. I had that car for around 2 years and 30,000 miles.

Injectors wise as I've said before I'd seriously consider going top feed Injectors. You'll need different rails but they can be had cheaply enough. They are the better way to go for a multitude of reasons.
Old 19-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Sir AntiLag

CDF Racing - high end precision automotive parts
Old 19-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Sir AntiLag

VUSSUTE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben628 View Post
@Vussute, can you tell me what year wrx yours is with the Dom 1.5? And other supporting mods? Just curious if I can get the same spool etc if you say it kicks in at 3400rpm.

Better yet if you're SOR would you mind taking me for a spin on your car before I make a decision?

Thanks bud

PM me mate. Im in Shoalwater near rockingham and would be happy to take you for a spin. Its a 2.1L with 272 cams and the Dom 1.5. Honestly not that different.

Not fast enough dammit!
Old 20-08-2017, 11:45 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

WREX at standard level

If you want to compare a version 6 sti with a vf 34 your welcome to come around for a spin and it also has a cusco lsd in it
Cheers jamie
Old 29-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Hi again guys,

Okay so after careful thoughts and consideration, I've decided to go with the Dom 1.5XTR and Top Feed Fuel Injector Conversion.

What I'm wanting to know is:

1. Are there any complete kits for the side to top feed conversion? I saw on Pro Speed Racing that Deatschwerk do them for $899 including the 1000cc injectors, would this be what I need? The description they have on their website is as below
Description

Subaru Side Feed To Top Feed Fuel Rail Conversion Kit with 1000cc injectors for the following vehicles:

**IMPORTANT** These are made to suit the AUS CARS.. US Spec kits DO NOT fit our cars.

*04-06 WRX / STI

Characterization Summaries

-6 AN in and out
Fully Anodized in and out for e85 compatibility
100% Drop in
(6-104-1000)

Now I'm a bit confused on this because the title says suit 99-00 wrx but on the description it says 04-06 WRX/STI, can someone clarify this please? and would this be all that I need?

@ Daz you sent me a link before on the fuel rail, would that be an additional item I need or would the Deatschwerk kit from Pro Speed Racing be all I need?

Also is Deatschwerk a good brand or should I consider something else? Justin from BYE seems to favour Injector Dynamic Brand?

2. Would I need an upgraded Fuel Pump? like maybe the Walbro 460 or would the current one I have (Walbro 255) be enough?

3. Would it be worth while for me to upgrade to Process West TMIC while I'm at it? At the moment I have the GD STI TMIC in there, if it's not going to give me much gain would rather leave it.I'm not keen on going FMIC.

4. I've heard a lot about 3 Port Boost Solenoid, will this also be needed? or would it be worth while getting done at the same time?

The reason I'm asking because I want to try and get everything done in one go and have it re-tuned once and not going through it again and again.

Thanks guys and sorry for all the questions, I really am quite inexperience on this so rely a lot on information from you guys

Hope to hear from you soon
Old 30-08-2017, 02:43 AM
Sir AntiLag

The CDF rails I sent you the link for would be all you need rails wise. You would need additional fittings for the hoses but they are easy enough to do.

The ID1300 injectors are very good. Unlike other injectors they have stainless steel innards that make them suitable for just about every flavour of fuel going. Some of the others don't like things like MTBE for example which is found in a lot of racefuels.

If you like I'll write a list of components that replicate what I'm running I'll just substitute my Cosworth rails for the CDF ones. Some might view the list as overkill but I can guaranty it will be belts and braces and will do the job. My fuel system has been faultless in the 24000 miles it's done so far at over 600hp

Last edited by dazdavies; 30-08-2017 at 02:45 AM.
Old 30-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Thanks Daz, yes please if you don't mind writing a list of what I would need injector wise. Thank you so much for this

So the CDF and the injectors plus hoses etc would be all that I need for the conversion? The Injector Dynamics ID1300, are they only one model or is there various model for different car?

Also what do you reckon about Fuel Pump?

Thanks again mate, very much appreciated
Old 30-08-2017, 07:59 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben628 View Post
Thanks Daz, yes please if you don't mind writing a list of what I would need injector wise. Thank you so much for this

So the CDF and the injectors plus hoses etc would be all that I need for the conversion? The Injector Dynamics ID1300, are they only one model or is there various model for different car?

Also what do you reckon about Fuel Pump?

Thanks again mate, very much appreciated
ID injectors (id1300 / 1000s etc) come in quite a few different variants. The actual injector is the same for each size, but the top and bottom spacers/seals change. If ypu look on the website, it says which sub-model of injector fits certain applications.
Old 30-08-2017, 08:00 AM
Sir AntiLag

To answer the fuel pump question properly I'd need to know the intended use for the car.

Subarus are a bitch for fuel surge.

If its just for the road then it doesn't need to be as comprehensive as it would for track.

As with everything I do on my cars I always go with the best solution I could afford. I went with an intank lift pump set up with a surge tank and external pumps.

If you're not intending to track the car then a simple intank pump upgrade would work if you are going to do some track stuff then I'd advise on some sort of surge tank option.

Let me know your intended power and what use the car will get and I'll gladly point you in the right direction with it all
Old 30-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Thanks guys,

@Bram the only one I can find that's close is the ID1051X but even then it says for 01-08 model wrx, the rest of the others are for different cars.

@Daz, thanks mate... much appreciated, the goal I'm hoping to achieve is 350awhp and 25 PSI or thereabouts, not really fuss if it's a little less and the application would be for street use, I don't think I can ever bring myself to floor it on the track because of insurance purpose but hey you never know, I said I'd be happy with the VF35 a while ago but here I am tinkering more hahahhaa... but even if I do track it I am very certain it will be once in a blue moon kinda thing

Tags
build, engine