Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

thanks Vussute, yeah I know what you mean but just concern about the reaction I'm getting from the workshops saying that it's a big job.

To be honest when I did my engine build and tune, I was given incorrect information on price which is why I'm a bit cautious:

1. The engine swap I was told would be $1000 and ended up paying $1600
2. The tune I was told would be around $500 and worst case scenario $800 but ended up paying almost $1600 too.

I understand that it happens some time of course it's logical if they spend more time than they anticipate due to problems etc then they should be paid for the time but as a customer we rely on information given to us and make our decision based on budget.

I was fortunate enough that I have spare some funds for this build but if I was on a really tight budget, I would be shocked to receive such difference of gaps in my bills.

That's just the only concern I have with going Top Feed,

Also I was wondering Vussute, was your Dom1.5 the 7cm, 8cm or 10cm housing?

Thanks again mate
Old 01-09-2017, 03:38 AM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

Obviously you can do it with side feeds but having had experience of running both the top feeds are in a different league quality wise. You'll have better driving characteristics and much better fuel economy both on and off boost.

The ID1050x are very very good injectors. They are the new generation ones like the 1300's and the 1700's they have the corrosion proof internals and can be used with any type of fuel.

Personally, if you don't want to be revisiting this when issues arise you'll spend the cash now doing it right and doing it once.

Have you got a link to the sidefeeds as I wouldn't mind betting they are different to what fit in the GC8 rails.

Here's the ones I used which went in stock rails that were converted to -6AN fittings and converted to a parallel set up instead of in sequence like the stock rails.

Apexi/Nismo 740cc
Old 01-09-2017, 05:23 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

samuel9201 at standard level

I have 850cc side feed injectors for sale by the end of the month if you interested.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Hi guys,

Sorry haven't been replying lately.

@Samuel, thanks mate for the offer but decided to go the extra mile and spend the money on Top Feed

@Daz, thanks again mate for all your help much appreciated, yeah I decided to go with Top Feed as you suggested, had a long chat with Justin too and he's adamant that side feeds are a waste of time.

The only thing is and sorry if this turns out to be a dissapointment maybe to most, but I've got a friend who has an almost brand new VF34, I mean he literally had it on the Dyno and didn't like what he saw and went on for bigger turbo after less than 200 km with the new turbo, he's selling it to me next to nothing basically $500 and I know at the very least I'd be able to get my money back if I do decide to sell it again later.

At the moment I just can't get past the missus spending $2300 on Dom 1.5 XTR.

So what I'm gonna do for now is fit the VF34, sell the VF35 and use it for few months and re-evaluate again maybe next year but I figure at least if I do the fuel properly now and go top feed, at least it's all ready for the upgrade next year.

I'll keep you guys posted on results once it's all tuned and dyno.

Thanks again guys and especially Daz for all the input and lists of items, sorry again to say that I won't be going the Dom for now but at least all that you've listed would go in the car ready for the next one
Old 05-09-2017, 06:22 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

So let me get this straight. Your friend bought a VF34, fitted it, got it tuned. And was then straight away dissapointed with it not being powerfull enough. So now your gonna do the same?
Top-Deck likes this.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:14 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

REXXXED 2.0 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
So let me get this straight. Your friend bought a VF34, fitted it, got it tuned. And was then straight away dissapointed with it not being powerfull enough. So now your gonna do the same?
110% calculated

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
nick73 likes this.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Hmmm yeah pretty much hahaha but he's a bit different though he's chasing big numbers and don't really care much about spool times etc, he takes it to the drag a lot whereas I use it a lot for street ducking in and out of traffic during busy hour which is why I care so much with spool time etc.

I know that the Dom spools early enough as we discussed before and the little bit of lag is definitely worth the power mid to top and believe me I would've got this if I had the choice but like I said just can't get past the missus in spending $2300 at this point after spending so much on the engine build, 6 speed and everything else.

Plus I took the decision to get his VF34 because I've now already got 3 people lined up saying they would buy my VF35 so in essence I'm not really spending anymore on the VF34.

I do plan to get the Dom but just can't do it at the moment, this is also why I went the extra mile to go with the Top Feed in preparation for this.

The other thing why I thought of getting the fuel system done now is because on couple of Occassion where the fuel tank is showing between quarter and half, the car surges so I decided to at least take care of this now before it starts damaging the engine running lean.

Hope this makes sense
Old 05-09-2017, 07:55 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

That sounds like fuel surge. Injectors, rails and pump will not fix that. You need to look at a fuel surge tank and external pump if you want to not get fuel surge at low fuel levels.
Mcclacker likes this.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

You should fuck that fucken vf thingy off and buy Brams Dominator2.5. Otherwise you're gonna be up for complete retune $$$ when you change turbos later on.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

Dom 2.5 will be a horrible lag fest on a 2.0L

Tags
build, engine