Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Kido Racing
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2012, 07:13 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level
Default Let's talk Tuning (KiDo Tunes)

Lets talk tuning!

There are 3 basic kinds of tune, regardless of the car, engine or ECU. One of those kinds of tune will be the one YOU WANT, and trust me, if you have ever had a car tuned, especially a turbo car, you will know what I mean.

Dyno Queen: A car whose owner is all about the maximum number the car can produce. The owner wants this to compete on a numbers basis with other cars, either on the day, on the same dyno, or on a forum like this.

Street Tune: This is not a tune done on the street necessarily, it can be done on a dyno, or on the road or a combination, but the essential thing is driveability. This means things like the turbo spooling as early as possible, and maximising average torque, as distinct from the maximum peak. You have to love a flat torque curve!

Track Tune: Again, it can be done on a dyno or a track or road or a combination, but the essential thing here is maximising the acceleration so things like early spool are not so important, but maximising torque through the rev range used in gear when flat out is the key. This may make for an unpleasant street car but thats not the point, so who cares? Who in their right mind would want to drive a V8 Supercar down to the supermarket?

What kind of tune do you want? KiDo will provide a blend of Street and Track suitable for most purposes.

KiDo Racing is proud to be able to offer a new tuning facility to Subaru owners ( we do some Mitsubishi as well). This service is delivered through an alliance between KiDo Racing and a world renowned tuner, someone known and respected in the Subaru tuning communities of OpenECU and RomRaider, Matt Mcleod.

Matt is well known in the RomRaider world both as a tuner and as a developer of Definition files. Some of the recognised work Matt has done includes tuning a 2010 STi I tuned for Targa Tasmania got 6th place in 4WD Modern and another STi which gained 4th place in TMR Showroom Modern

Right about now you might be asking where is Matt, what city does he tune in, etc. The answer is that it doesn't matter where Matt is, because we deliver the tune to you by email! Now before you jump to conclusions, and assume that we provide an “out of the box tune” let me tell you, KiDo Racing is never going to sell an out of the box tune. Now you might start to wonder how a tune can be delivered and installed and CUSTOMISED to suit your car via email?

It's easy, you order your tune through KiDo Racing, you provide your delivery address, you pay for the tune which includes rental of the equipment you will need, and we deliver it to your door.

The tuning process requires that you copy the current tune (whether it's OEM or not) from your ECU and email it to us. We then reply with a modified version of that file. You install, and TEST it, providing us with a log of many of the engine parameters. We then adjust the tune and email the new version to you. The process is repeated until we have optimised the tune for your car. All the instructions, hardware and software is provided. Once the tuning is complete you return the equipment to KiDo Racing. The cost of return is included in the total price, all you need to do is post it.

What equipment is in the package?

A Tactrix Cable & Micro Sdcard

A Innovate MTX-L wideband air/fuel meter

A CD with all the required software and instructions.

A printed user guide.

What you will need to supply is a Laptop running Windows XP, Vista or 7 with 2 USB ports.

What I haven't told you yet is what truly makes a KiDo Racing tune unique, and that is the parameters that are massaged in the tuning process. For the technically minded, Matt will change the scaling parameters in a number of tables as required, something no other tuner does. He will also change parameters in up to 120 tables, where most other tuners change 15 to 20 tables. Matt knows and understands things like DBW (Drive By Wire) and AVCS (Active Valve Control System) (What’s Inside: Active Valve Control System) better than anyone else I have spoken to or know of, and adjusts the associated tables to achieve superb driveability and a truly progressive throttle response. In turbo cars the turbo typically spools up earlier and holds boost longer, The effect is visible on a dyno output where the torque curve is flater, and more importantly your “bum dyno” will feel the difference. A nice side effect often achieved is improved fuel economy, but given that this is also controlled by your right foot, we can't guarantee it. You might love the increased performance so much that you use it a lot more.

If fact we are so confident that you will love our tune, we will either adjust it or provide it FREE if you are not 100% happy.

What cars do we tune?
Subaru, Dec 2000 and later, Turbo. Dec 2002 or later N/A
Some Mitsubishi's. (please ask about yours)

Price?
Our tunes are very cost effective, much cheaper than a typical dyno tune, and with results that count where you use it, on the road. PM or Email for a price. Some cars do cost more than others due to their level of complexity.

Got Questions?
You know what to do, ask!

Contact KiDo Racing
Ph: 0422 337 392
Email: sales@kido-racing.com.au

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Can you please post a price estimate? Even if it is a basic tune for a GD or something to give people a comparison point?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Hi Kato,
Because cars vary in price I am reluctant to post a generic price. For example an STi does cost more than than a WRX, and a Liberty B4 twin turbo can take more time to tune as well. Other things which can affect the price include mods to the car. A CAI, bigger TMIC and TBE will not change the price but a 3 port boost controller or larger turbo might. Lets just say that it is between 1/3 and 1/2 of the prices I have seen quoted for some dyno tunes.

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 01-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Rob83 at standard level

Is the wide band meter included or is it just rented and has to be returned ?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:42 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

All the hardware is provided on a rental basis for the duration of the tuning exercise and must be returned once the tune is complete.

If you are after hardware, the Tactrix can be purchased at Tactrix and the MTX-L wideband can be found on ebay INNOVATE MTX-L AFR Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge 3844 | eBay

The Tactrix is $169 US and the MTX-L is around $205, which means the rental is a very cost effective way to get your tune installed and customized.

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

All the hardware is provided on a rental basis for the duration of the tuning exercise and must be returned once the tune is complete.

If you are after hardware, the Tactrix can be purchased at Tactrix and the MTX-L wideband can be found on ebay INNOVATE MTX-L AFR Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge 3844 | eBay

The Tactrix is $169 US and the MTX-L is around $205, which means the rental is a very cost effective way to get your tune installed and customized.

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Do you email tunes for motec?
Why does an STI tune cost more than a WRX?
Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Sorry but I can't help with the Motec.

The Sti has a number of differences such as the AVCS which are more complex to tune than the WRX. In exchange, there is more to be had from the STi in stock form than from the WRX in stock form. Of course mods can change all that.

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 02-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Every WRX from 03 onwards has AVCS, and every STi from 02 onwards does also.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:47 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Every WRX from 03 onwards has AVCS, and every STi from 02 onwards does also.
True

Did I say they did not?

I did say that the AVCS is more complex to tune on the STi than the WRX.

www.kido-racing.com.au

Tags
kido, talk, tunes, tuning