Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Kido Racing
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

Do you flash tune Motec's?
Also can i choose the road i want it tuned on??
PROTOTYPE likes this.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
In summary - if you were part of the local circle jerk you would be loved.
Guess I'm just old and cynical. Bloke comes on selling China coilovers and offers to tune members cars, has no shop or dyno and operates over email. I'm probably just being overly cautious... What could possibly go wrong ?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Scoobie Noobie

KiDo_Tuning at standard level

Yes, I have done a lot of dyno tuning as well though

Stock Standard as it rolled off the showroom floor MY08 STi(except for yellow paint) owned by the Osman Brothers who had the Jungle Theme 2 door STi.
Peak boost was lifted from 14.2psi to just 15psi, biggest gain was cam timing, fueling and timing tables.

Same night, retuned FLYSTI's car from a 22psi Rigoli tune to 20psi on my tune achieved with cam timing and slightly richer mixtures

SH9 Forester with a VF52 getting a 13.07 1/4 mile running Geolanders...
Old 09-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Not sure how long it will take for road tuning to =

PROTOTYPE likes this.

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Guess I'm just old and cynical. Bloke comes on selling China coilovers and offers to tune members cars, has no shop or dyno and operates over email. I'm probably just being overly cautious... What could possibly go wrong ?
It's nice to be judged before you even look at the products KiDo Racing offer.

If you bothered to check them out you will find the quality and backing of everything we do is better than industry standards. I personally would not be associated with anything I would not be happy to use myself. In fact I have KiDo Racing coilovers, brakes, and tune running in my own car. I am also testing and evaluating some potentially new products which I hope to announce soon, but not before I am personally happy to guarantee them.

The fact that we sell things cheaply is due to KiDo Racing not being a profit grab run by greed but rather an attempt to provide quality products without the huge markup's many others seem to like. You may have also noticed that we don't spend lots on advertising and we keep our overheads low so we can pass on the lower costs to you guys on the enthusiast forums. If you have seen our brakes on ebay for example you will notice that the price there is significantly higher than when we sell direct here.

Why not take the opportunity Mr jEstEr? while Matt is in town to sit in on a tuning session and see what he does and how he does it? You might be very surprised.

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Yeah I can have a look if I am in town.

Here's where I am coming from: I just worry after having seen so many cheap Chinese knockoff products fail over the years. I worry about people who are new to this game and think spending $550 on a tune for their new $50,000 car is a smart idea, and they shit a motor because they were too cheap to get a proper tune and the tuner tells them it was all their fault and they have to buy a new motor. Or spend $999 on a set of knock-off copy brakes and crash into a bus load of nuns with puppies and end up on the news. Personally for my car (when it works) I run Alcon brakes, they have a proven racing heritage, sure they have a price tag to match but I know when I put my foot on the brake pedal I'll have a caliper that won't shear in half due to low grade bolts being used. Same knowledge that my coilovers won't collapse or leak in 3 months and need a rebuild, but no one rebuilds them and there is no warranty. Same for the ecu, and the tuner I chose and the workshops I use. I'm trying to be the devils advocate here and save people from having, at best and expensive lesson or at worse a fatal accident.

I know you're trying to establish a business, help fellow car guys out and I can appreciate you sticking around after copping as much shit as you have. Maybe some motorsport testing of the various components you sell would ease my mind, or a disclaimer that they are for road use only if they aren't designed for the track.
PROTOTYPE, Cinaber and tarmac like this.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Yeah I can have a look if I am in town.

Here's where I am coming from: I just worry after having seen so many cheap Chinese knockoff products fail over the years. I worry about people who are new to this game and think spending $550 on a tune for their new $50,000 car is a smart idea, and they shit a motor because they were too cheap to get a proper tune and the tuner tells them it was all their fault and they have to buy a new motor. Or spend $999 on a set of knock-off copy brakes and crash into a bus load of nuns with puppies and end up on the news. Personally for my car (when it works) I run Alcon brakes, they have a proven racing heritage, sure they have a price tag to match but I know when I put my foot on the brake pedal I'll have a caliper that won't shear in half due to low grade bolts being used. Same knowledge that my coilovers won't collapse or leak in 3 months and need a rebuild, but no one rebuilds them and there is no warranty. Same for the ecu, and the tuner I chose and the workshops I use. I'm trying to be the devils advocate here and save people from having, at best and expensive lesson or at worse a fatal accident.

I know you're trying to establish a business, help fellow car guys out and I can appreciate you sticking around after copping as much shit as you have. Maybe some motorsport testing of the various components you sell would ease my mind, or a disclaimer that they are for road use only if they aren't designed for the track.
no warranty?
Warranty
12 Months, no questions asked, Australian Warranty.

It's been here since day 1: http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-rac...ng-prices.html
There have been 2 warranty issues since I started importing the products more than 18 months ago. Both related to squeaks and in both cases they have been handled quickly and to the complete satisfaction of the customer.

I also guess you haven't heard that KiDo Racing won the Taiwan Touring Car Championship 2012?

Thats the trophy on top of the car.

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

How many teams compete in the the Taiwan Touring Car Championship 2012? It is rare we see much of anything from Taiwan imo. I know the Chinese would like to keep it that way too.

A manufacturers warranty should be a given I would think.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT_for_me View Post

I also guess you haven't heard that KiDo Racing won the Taiwan Touring Car Championship 2012?
Autosport must have neglected to report on it.

I just did a search for Taiwan Touring Car Championship and haven't turned up anything meaningful,
also kido racing's website appears to be under construction so no info there either.
PROTOTYPE likes this.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I think that is enough for now.

Interested parties can contact KiDo to arrange their tuning.

Once it is all done, it would be great for people to post up their experience for some first hand knowledge. I'd also recommend people getting a tune done factor in a dyno run (usually ~$90) so you can have a local dyno sheet for forum hp penis length battles
PROTOTYPE, Intra, Jimmy S and 4 others like this.

Tags
24th, 28th, kido, oct, perth, tunes