Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Scoobie Noobie

RUIN at standard level
Default QLD Police laws on hooning - discussion

Afternoon all,

Being a WA-based forum i'm pretty sure that the majority of members won't be affected. however it is food for thought especially if states who dont have these laws decide to adopt them.

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resourc...Fact_Sheet.pdf

link above to the brief fact sheet outlining penalties and offense descriptions.

My own two cents is that while it is intended to do good (and some people give performance car enthusiasts especially owners of WRX, Skyline, Supra, S2000, Sylvia's etc a bad name......also thanks Fast and Furious) i can just see anyone with a larger-than-normal exhaust, too much chrome on their wheels or a spoiler/scoop being pulled up and questioned. Before anything else though ill have it known that i respect police officers in the utmost especially those patrolling the streets.

For example - willfully starting or driving a car in a way that causes unnecessary noise and smoke. which comes under Type 1 offence (probably the less lenient of the two). Now anyone that has run upper-engine cleaner at home will know it makes a bit of smoke...and more than a bit of noise, all you need is a neighbor with a grudge (theoretically) and BOOM.....offence committed.

I'd like to hear anyone else's thoughts, and i'm probably just being a pessimist.
Old 30-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

LOL at UEC. Dont smoke it up on brake and you'll be fine.

http://kap.industries/
Old 30-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Scoobie Noobie

RUIN at standard level

UEC?? haha i figured that was a given, like i said being a pessimist sometimes the ambiguity makes you wonder.

Tags
discussion, hooning, laws, police, qld