Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-07-2011, 02:47 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
If you want to do the event and the only things on the car that are questionable are the injectors and the rim width just do it and say nothing. They won't say anything at pre event scrutiny. Worst case would be if you won and were excluded, in that case you'd get 10 x the publicity of a normal win and you still get the champagne and the glory for the first few hours. If you finished nowhere and were excluded who gives a fark?
Hearing you Doug, i can't see any other way around it!

In thier infinant wisdom they decide to basically exclude 90% of the Tarmac rally cars out there then they should expect to either have a small field (thier fault) or some cars not quite legal..... In my opinion even if they do exclude the winner because of injectors and E85 they would do more harme to their event than good!

FFS just let them race and fix the rules next year!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 19-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

I agree with you Doug but I have a bit of a moral objection. Why reward them for rubbish roads in a compromised car? I am all for supporting local motorsport but it has been the Bob and Ross show for far too long and here is a golden opportunity for people to vote with their feet and get Ross and Bob to listen to the real world and not the people running around in old cars that don't want to upgrade to current specs.

It's a bit like the VHS vs beta debate. It doesn't really matter which is the better format but at the end of the day octagon has reached critical mass and it is just stupid not to run those regs.

My 2c.

Brendon

Tags
discussion, rally, targa, tarmac