Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree91Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

WREX at standard level

Okay round 3 is on soon. I have new rubber for the wrx and will be out trying to smash as many "pieceashitsy's" as possible
Looking at the entry list this is going to be the most competitive round so far.
Greenham and Lowry in their 500hp stroker evo time attack cars will be the men to beat then it will be the best of the rest.
Hamilton and Douglas in plastic fantastic 2 will be out for the first time this series.
Jason Whitburn in my old evo 6.5 running about 5th fastest last round before frying the clutch so with more seat time he will be up there.
Matty O got some new brakes and rims for the spec C.
Also Clarke and White in there Evo's will be on it.
It will be interesting to see how the R35 GTR's of van Loenhout and Conacher go. These guys are front runners at Targa West but I think the course layout might be a bit tight for them.
Jamie
Jeckle likes this.

Last edited by WREX; 12-01-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:28 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Matty05 at standard level

literally just finished putting the wheels on and running it up on the hoist with the new brakes and wheels.just a few finishing touches and will be all good.
Get to test them out at the wrx club tuning arvo next week and then rallysprint here we come.Agree with Jamie tough field plenty of competition.
RUSSGT likes this.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Hopefully, Leigh will fix the oil leak this week and we'll get a few more runs in this time.

As an also ran

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 12-01-2013, 10:49 AM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

Quote:
out trying to smash as many "pieceashitsy's" as possible
Ah James James, you'll be back to the Darkside, once you go Mac you wont go back

Looking forward to having a play.
Master D likes this.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

WREX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDINO View Post
Ah James James, you'll be back to the Darkside, once you go Mac you wont go back
Funny you should say that. I decided I wasnt going to do another Targa and sold it last year but now I'm starting to think about doing Targa West again. I'm talking to a couple of people about their Targa cars (not evos) but the $$$ there asking is best described as...."I dont really wont to sell it but if you give me this much $$ I will"....so unless they come down to market value it's not going to happen. So if the old 6.5 happened to come on the market I may just go back to Mac Theres a lot of bang-for-your-buck speed to be had for under $40k from that car....but the new owner seems pretty happy with it so thats probably not likely be an option.
BTW - the son-in-law was telling me last night that your new car is an absolute weapon, reeling off easy 53sec short track times. So how about a lease deal for targa???
Old 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Will be there to catchup with people.
Hopefully I will be assisting with scrutineering again.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Sir AntiLag

AIG at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX View Post
Funny you should say that. I decided I wasnt going to do another Targa and sold it last year but now I'm starting to think about doing Targa West again. I'm talking to a couple of people about their Targa cars (not evos) but the $$$ there asking is best described as...."I dont really wont to sell it but if you give me this much $$ I will"....so unless they come down to market value it's not going to happen. So if the old 6.5 happened to come on the market I may just go back to Mac Theres a lot of bang-for-your-buck speed to be had for under $40k from that car....but the new owner seems pretty happy with it so thats probably not likely be an option.
BTW - the son-in-law was telling me last night that your new car is an absolute weapon, reeling off easy 53sec short track times. So how about a lease deal for targa???
Lol, son in law.

Will be there to watch.
Old 13-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIG View Post
Lol, son in law.

Will be there to watch.

Haha, I caught that too.
Iz only matter of time!

Good to see you giving the event a go Dean.

And Lister... A050 tyres?
Doug needs to get a set of 050s actually. I don't think he's used them before and he's not too happy with other tyre choices he's made. For the last good few months he's been saying "I've really got to get a set, these XXXXXs aren't good enough".

See you there for thrills and spills
Old 13-01-2013, 07:33 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

WREX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post

Haha, I caught that too.
Iz only matter of time!

Good to see you giving the event a go Dean.

And Lister... A050 tyres?
Doug needs to get a set of 050s actually. I don't think he's used them before and he's not too happy with other tyre choices he's made. For the last good few months he's been saying "I've really got to get a set, these XXXXXs aren't good enough".

See you there for thrills and spills
Yeah....A050 medium compound are the best tyre out there.

LOL at Doug. I don't think he's ever bought a new set of tyres in his life. I'll believe it when I see it
Old 13-01-2013, 06:47 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Matty05 at standard level
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX View Post
Be keen to know what sort of car/s you are looking at maybe go one spot better next time

Tags
blues needs to grow a pair, gtb needs more memories!, mcrae, rallysprint, series