Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree192Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

The saga of WRX STi RA #38:

Well we made it through to the end which was looking unlikely on Friday afternoon when we went of backwards at pretty high speed on Kalamunda 2 and backed it into a tree. It hit dead centre of the boot and pushed it in a couple of feet, snapped the spoiler off and smashed the back window. We somehow managed to drive it out of the ditch when the stage had closed and drove it back to Maximum Motorsport in Malaga. The boys worked on it until after 9pm, bashed out the boot, fitted a loan bootlid, replaced the back window and stitched on the bumper...Rob delivered the car back to my place just before 10pm and we re-joined the event on Saturday and ran right through to the finish. Great event and good to finish on our first attempt. Huge thanks to the team at Maximum Motorsport....good that all 4 team cars finished the event.
Old 19-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

The saga of WRX STi RA #38:

Well we made it through to the end which was looking unlikely on Friday afternoon when we went of backwards at pretty high speed on Kalamunda 2 and backed it into a tree. It hit dead centre of the boot and pushed it in a couple of feet, snapped the spoiler off and smashed the back window. We somehow managed to drive it out of the ditch when the stage had closed and drove it back to Maximum Motorsport in Malaga. The boys worked on it until after 9pm, bashed out the boot, fitted a loan bootlid, replaced the back window and stitched on the bumper...Rob delivered the car back to my place just before 10pm and we re-joined the event on Saturday and ran right through to the finish. Great event and good to finish on our first attempt. Huge thanks to the team at Maximum Motorsport....good that all 4 team cars finished the event.
Old 19-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Sign me up!
STI Master

phoenix at standard level

Well done to all the PWRX and WRXOC guys that competed.

Matt congrats on 14th overall.

Well done Steve (MMS guys) for getting it back on the road again to finish it all off.
XT43 likes this.
Old 19-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Some of the folks in Perth, and the car who lost a wheel.

rjb, GTB Liberty and DukeDrifter like this.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 19-08-2013, 02:46 PM
STI Master

AWDmoke at standard level

It looked much better with 4 wheels:

Was busy, so only managed a few phone pics but I like this one:

Sounded great too!

Not often you can get that close to a BMW, WRX, Porsche & GTR flying past in succession:
Old 19-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Sir AntiLag

AIG at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckle View Post
What were you doing all weekend! I took 1900 at Malaga alone today, still to check how many at the city.

Yes took too many, really wanted to be out there after doing TSW earlier in the year. Maybe next year.
l

That's a lot of photos! I take the bare minimum and sort that night (helps that I can't use photoshop too) Otherwise they never get looked at.
Old 20-08-2013, 08:59 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

What a week! All I can say WOW. First Tarmac Rally, my co Driver (DAD) didn't know what pace notes were two weeks ago (neither did I for that matter). Quite an intense experience leading up to and competing in for us. We did extremely well and I think with more events, have the potential to become very competitive HOWEVER soo much fun was had, really wasn't concerned with placings. Everything started to sync by the Bullsbrook stages. Its amazing how much more you can commit with notes. Such an eye opener.

Unfortunately this may become an expensive addiction :-(

Managed a 16th outright with 1:20 penalty from day 1 (missed the finish on SS1 LOL) . Did pretty damn good we think! Great to see so many people offer support, lots of familiar faces and tireless efforts from the volunteers. Still on a high :-)

and the vids.....

malaga
2013 Targa West Malaga 3 - Dilettante/Racewars Evo 9RS - YouTube

City
2013 Targa West City 3 - Dilettante/Racewars Evo 9RS - YouTube

Bullsbrook short
2013 Targa West Bullsbrook Short 2 - Dilettante/Racewars Evo 9RS - YouTube

Bullsbrook long
2013 Targa West Bullsbrook Long 2 - Dilettante/Racewars Evo 9RS - YouTube

Last edited by EXPLICIT; 20-08-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Sir AntiLag

beernuts at standard level

Well, what an exciting 4 days of racing. Steph and I manage to finish the event unscathed and with all four wheels on the black stuff. Final placing was 21st with rain putting a dampener on the first three days. It seemed to start raining on transit to each of the stages for us, so things were very skatey.
Chrispy and Pummer had a couple of unscheduled excursions but managed to finish the event.
For me I was happy to put some more competitive k's on the car and gain valuable seat time. Steph was fantastic as a co driver and called things perfectly. Bring on 2014!
Great to see Paolucci out there giving it a slog. He posted some very quick times - that EVO is a weapon.
EXPLICIT likes this.
Old 20-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Boof57 at standard level

I must say a big thankyou to all you guys who competed in Targa West this year from our perspective it was the best in the years I have been running the blue light response and even all the support crews did a great job. I don't think we wrote a ticket!!!

Well done regards

Darren Sutton
Master D likes this.
Old 20-08-2013, 02:29 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

I think Paluch finally realised EVO > GT2RS > STI

You guys seriously need to consider packing your bags and doing Targa High Country. The $$ you save on entry will near enough cover getting the car there and back. And it is 200 odd proper competitive kms on mental roads with the only repeated stage the run up and down buller....personally I would do the run up buller 3 times or more. Its mad!! Prep it well before it leaves. Truck it to melbs as a non driver. Drive it to the event. Race it for 2 and a bit days. Drive it back to melbs and send it home... or leave it there and line up some track time at PI. If the worst happened there is enough charity in the rally community to get it back to Melbs for you. This is how Raechel and I did it on a shoestring. Happy to discuss over beer.

Maybe it should be like drag week. No trailers allowed
EXPLICIT, Adrian and Master D like this.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???

Tags
2013, best or greatest, motorsport, targa, west