Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree192Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Love the cheers at the end of the city stage Paluch, would have been mint to share with the old man.
Old 20-08-2013, 09:42 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

98wrxevo2 at standard level
Default Targa West

What a week end! We had a really difficult lead up to the event with my health and car preparation, we just finishing the car the night before the event and with no time for testing, I was apprehensive.

We managed to set some good times in very wet conditions over the first three days and even managed second fastest time on Bullsbrook Long 1. The highlight was a fight with Jim Richards in his GT2RS all weekend and even in front of him on Sunday at Malaga but he got me by @ ten seconds in the end.

We managed to end up 7th outright and first in early modern, my navigator did an awesome job(I wouldn't want to have been sitting there). Great result for us, which wasn't expected. It's a well run event and a great bunch of people involved. It's good to see there's still life in an old GC8.

Next year hopefully Targa High Country here we come.
EXPLICIT, jEstEr?, CDR RA and 4 others like this.
Old 20-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Well done Lloydy, fastest subie by a long shot!
Old 20-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

One to tell the grand kids, was chased by Jim Richards all weekend!
GTB Liberty likes this.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 21-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

^^ Awesome effort Michael...you're certainly in another class compared to us mere mortals...
Old 21-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Epic effort Mr Lloyd
Old 21-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Sir AntiLag

Evilliot at standard level

Awesome weekend!

Adrian and i had such a great time throwing the Stechnic GC8 around.
In our first Tarmac rally we claimed 20th overall.

The Car was faultless all weekend! We pushed it hard the Stechnic crew were very happy with its performance.
Thanks for the comments and encouragement during the event from supporters. Apparently the car sounds "off its tits" (one friendly bogan called out)

Huge thank you to Adrian - my consistent and supportive navigator as well as Doug, Damien, Josh, Nathan, Marilyn & Michelle for the service crew and Stechnic for the support.

We know exactly where to pick up time next year. A few tweeks to the suspension and camber adjustments and we will easily pick up a few second / Km. With limited seat time prior and the car handling like a true Group A rally car Colin would be proud off.. we were not fussed!

Now .. off to QLD with the car then Targa NZ to navigate.
EXPLICIT, jEstEr?, AWDmoke and 2 others like this.

KB Rallysport
Project 'Monte Carlo' , Pilot Elliot KB
Weekend Warrior - Renault Megan, Pilot Adrian KB
Old 21-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Colin would have been proud if you backed it into a tree like Steve Pummer did, then dogged it into first while the bark was still flyin' and smoked the tyres to the finish to get fastest time on the stage with the boot and bumper dragging along the road!

Anyone interested in Targa High Country this year, give me a shout. We have one spot left in our truck. Will be around $2k return with your tyres/spares etc , enclosed transporter and no dickheads drive your car.

Oh, and I had a TV camera rolling on the Triumph that wasn't so Triumphant in the City stage when the whel came off so it'll be on the TV wrap up and the DVD.

Last edited by dtrally; 21-08-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 21-08-2013, 08:40 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post

Anyone interested in Targa High Country this year, give me a shout. We have one spot left in our truck. Will be around $2k return with your tyres/spares etc , enclosed transporter and no dickheads drive your car..
Sounds a bit like me, will have to chat to you about it soon!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 21-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Well I wasn't in a Subaru and we weren't as successful or full-on as many others, but for a couple of fist timers we had an absolute blast and loved every minute. Even the 5:30am wake up ones.
It was actually the most ideal introduction to Targa I think: two friends not expecting much, both understanding they have to develop themselves over a few years and take it easy in the mean time; trusting each other enough to be ale to say "that was shit, do better" and not have a cry, or to say "that was fkn awesome!" and mean it. Perfect intro to Tarmac rally for me.

The car was a 2007 RenaultSport Megane, with my friend Harry as driver. We made it through our first Targa West safe and sound.

An unfortunate suspension problem caused us to miss a stage, which meant we missed out on a highly-probably podium finish in our Category. Given our car, tyres and the competition we were up against, we deserved nothing less (or more) than 3rd actually. It's a shame but it happens.
My first time co-driving was awesome, and you won't be able to keep me away from this stuff for... well the rest of my life really I was surprised at how comfortable I felt trusting another person (and myself) with keeping our asses out of trouble, and I dare say -- and I hope I'm not jinxing anything here -- I dare say it was really not as stressful or difficult as I imagined. So I'm looking forward to saving money by being a co-driver until I can finally get out there in my future weapon... seated on the correct side of the car then, of course ;D

Thanks go to all who helped us prep the car and ourselves for the event; those who officiated or helped in any way to make Targa West happen; and last but not least all the boys developing Yokohama racing tyres. That rubber still surprises me with how much grip it's got, and it saved us some pain once or twice.
Now... How many days was it until Targa South West?

Tags
2013, best or greatest, motorsport, targa, west