Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Loggers
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN

Thanks JahjaMan, some excellent advice there. Yes, I've got a MY11 STI. And I found the OBDII socket thanks. I think I'll go for the Kiwi Wifi as you can piggy back additional modules to be able to get oil temp and pressure. Now to decide between Rev or Dash Command...
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Sir AntiLag

Yeah, the screenshots look nicer on Rev in my opinion.

Can you still have the iPhone music playing while running Rev? I guess so. I don't mind launching stuff every time, as I'm always either running music or Trapster anyway. I made a phone cradle which holds it in the perfect spot next to the head unit.

Just gotta wait for it all to arrive now
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Scoobie Noobie

JahjaMan at standard level

Just tested rev with music in the background. Yes, it works.

One glitch I found is that the dials can be set to display an auto-range set function that sets the range of a dial (speed, rpm, throttle, MAF rate) based on what data it receives. E.g. If you only drive max 65km/h, the dial will display 0-70km/h.
However, when I set my MAF to auto, it keeps resetting the range so that it is about 10 times larger than what I usually have it running (so the needle barely moves, no visual indicator of MAF rate as a result). The only fix is to edit the gauge every time and reset the auto range function.

Other than that, yes go with the kiwi if you are interested in adding other modules. Good luck
STIMUL8IN likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to JahjaMan For This Useful Post:
STIMUL8IN (10-06-2012)
Old 15-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Sir AntiLag

OK, bit more of an update...turns out there are 2 types of Kiwi Wifi, one without the +iMFD function and one with the +iMFD function. The PLX Devices website mentions NOTHING about the +iMFD version and doesn't even show any links to be able to buy it.

So I ordered the non-iMFD version and have since found out that if I want to add any extra modules, I need the +iMFD version. BUGGER! So if anyone is interested in the non-iMFD version, I might be putting it up for sale pretty soon once it arrives.
Old 21-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Sir AntiLag

Yep, I got the wrong one So, here's the brand new Kiwi Wifi up for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 21-06-2012, 07:20 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxpc at standard level

So before I hijack the For Sale thread, what other modules are you talking about? What else can you/do you want to piggy back on this?

Cheers,

Wrxpc
Old 21-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Sir AntiLag

I'll be adding oil pressure & temp modules. They aren't in the ECU in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Scoobie Noobie

JahjaMan at standard level

How did you go with the additional modules?

I've been using mine for boost and ECT and it's great!
Old 25-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahjaMan View Post
How did you go with the additional modules?

I've been using mine for boost and ECT and it's great!
Been having a bit of a nightmare with it TBH. As you know from above, I ordered the wrong one (which is still for sale BTW). So I then went and ordered the correct one with modules for oil temp and pressure too. It all arrived as expected, but the damn Kiwi Wifi + iMFD device was faulty (wouldn't do the wifi bit)! So I had to send it back to the US for warranty. It's still there now being assessed/repaired/replaced. So I haven't fitted the sensors or modules yet and am waiting til I've got it all together before installing.

But yes, the standard Kiwi Wifi is great for boost, ECT, timing etc. So if anyone is interested in my brand new Kiwi Wifi (connected to my car once - it works), let me know
Old 25-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Will it work with other cars i.e ferrari?

im wanting to monitor fuel pressure, oil pressure etc etc. Can i do it with the unit that you are selling??

Can it be linked to a laptop rather than iphone??

Tags
iphone, odbii