Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Thanks for the email too Dave
no worries Joe
Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Thanks for the email Dave!

I'll be testing the ported theory later on this year myself. Personally, I think the cermaic coating gives more benefit for the cost. But we will see.

At the moment I have 180+kW ATH on the ASG dyno without touching the turbo. Previously with less power and torque I was getting 13.1 qtr miles at around 103mph (with a fat GD too). Hoping to improve on that next drag season.

I personally think the TD04 is underrated for most peoples uses which is why I'm exploiting it as much as possible.

Going through the Nasioc forums, I'm yet to see anyone with the Deadbolt TD04 (P&P) show any significant gains for the cost. When you are looking at ~$600+ shipping, ceramics etc, a VF35 looks more tempting.

I think with just the stock TD04 + tune you will get some excellent gains without having to go the port and polish route.

Food for thought.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:08 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Thanks for the email Dave!

I'll be testing the ported theory later on this year myself. Personally, I think the cermaic coating gives more benefit for the cost. But we will see.

At the moment I have 180+kW ATH on the ASG dyno without touching the turbo. Previously with less power and torque I was getting 13.1 qtr miles at around 103mph (with a fat GD too). Hoping to improve on that next drag season.

I personally think the TD04 is underrated for most peoples uses which is why I'm exploiting it as much as possible.

Going through the Nasioc forums, I'm yet to see anyone with the Deadbolt TD04 (P&P) show any significant gains for the cost. When you are looking at ~$600+ shipping, ceramics etc, a VF35 looks more tempting.

I think with just the stock TD04 + tune you will get some excellent gains without having to go the port and polish route.

Food for thought.
Well I am going to take it in stages with the Libo, hoping to get Pete and Sean to tune as stock first off to see what I get. After that dump pipe fabrication by Nick and possibly the coating and porting of TD04. As mentioned I really am looking to get the TD04 to spool up earlier as opposed to trying to get huge increase in top end power. I have a couple of people off iwsti who have done this and I am getting some info and feedback from them on their experiences which I will share soon on this thread.

Tags
deadbolt, monster, td04