Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Sign me up!
BLUE TEAM

Rexy03 at standard level

This is a long overdue update on the problems I had with my MY03.
After changing the Engine oil from Valvoline Fully Synth 5W/30 to Mobil synth s 10w/40 as discussed above and getting the ECU reset at Subaru there was no noticeable difference...........

WRXTASY recommended I run the car for a few hundred Ks and see if it improved, and it has.
The car does not always run smooth I get the same jerky acceleration every now and then (mainly when on a long drive and giving it WOT to overtake )
But overall there is a huge difference and I am enjoying my WReX much more.
I feel that acceleration has been slowed a little probably due to the thicker oil retarding the turbo spool time but its a very small sacrifice.

Anyways Im a happy little WReX owner now and thanks to WRXTASY for coming to my aid in the first place and thanks to everyone who had some input into this thread, I hope other newbie`s get some benefit from this post.
Old 14-12-2007, 07:11 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Who was the dealer concerned?

Given the number of mechanics who have diagnosed this fault and provided feedback to Subi Aus you would expect them to know what the cause and fix is

Other competent mechanics have diagnosed this fault, saying who was the first is just entering into a pissing contest. Regardless of what anyone thinks of MRT "we" as Forum users have to thank them for making it public knowledge

Here's a thought Rexy03, remove the filters from the Banjo bolts and report back the result. Could be $200 well spent.
Old 22-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Sign me up!
BLUE TEAM

Rexy03 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Other competent mechanics have diagnosed this fault, saying who was the first is just entering into a pissing contest. Regardless of what anyone thinks of MRT "we" as Forum users have to thank them for making it public knowledge
Here's a thought Rexy03, remove the filters from the Banjo bolts and report back the result. Could be $200 well spent.
What is this fault that MRT has resolved - everyone mentions it but no body has actualy told me what it is - ive assumed it is the removal of the banjo bolt filters
I have just removed the filters after finding this american subaru service bulletin

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/att...2&d=1131460148

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/att...3&d=1131460154

Both my filters had fallen down into the soleniod
I havent had an ECU reset but the car is running better day by day
it pulls much harder and the jerky acceleration is much smoother
I should have removed the filters ages ago but they are difficult to get out on the 03 - theres brackets and plumbing over them that makes it hard to even see them

Last edited by Rexy03; 22-03-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 22-03-2008, 09:16 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy03
What is this fault that MRT has resolved - everyone mentions it but no body has actualy told me what it is - ive assumed it is the removal of the banjo bolt filters
Yes that is correct.
Old 13-04-2015, 02:56 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

bumping an old thread as i'm after some info on the AVCS unit in the EJ207's (mine in particular is an MY03 JDM EJ207)

this is my most recent dyno chart from ASG. Sean thinks the funniness in the power band is due to the AVCS not working properly and it may need a clean our or something. Is this a hard job to do? Has anyone else had a similar problem and was able to fix it by cleaning out their avcs solenoid?
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2015-04-13-14-54-09.jpg  

Tags
avcs, loss, midrange, power, problems