Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Liberty GT Spec B tuned by Sti, tuned by EXPLICIT (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/16344-liberty-gt-spec-b-tuned-sti-tuned-explicit.html)

Clint 14-11-2007 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=trainwrex]maybe u should look at water injection also??

i still recon that the tmic will limit u, but should support a healthy 220 kw atw with ur setup...[/QUOTE]

Why bother with water inj tino?

That's just more NASIOC bullshit. Totally not needed for what Jamie wants.

trainwrex 14-11-2007 11:41 AM

clint i think it will help with the tmic to lower inlet temps... in addition to the air water intercooler that jme has got..

American Dave 14-11-2007 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=EXPLICIT]220kwatw would be plenty for me for a daily. Not keen on changing clutches and killing driveability.[/QUOTE]

oh we need remember this quote for the future I reckon!!!!! ;)

Clint 14-11-2007 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=trainwrex]clint i think it will help with the tmic to lower inlet temps... in addition to the air water intercooler that jme has got..[/QUOTE]

I don't think the effort involved is nearly worth it.

Maybe if it was a race car.

saf 14-11-2007 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave]oh we need remember this quote for the future I reckon!!!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Hahhahaha, yes, today he woke up and probably crossed some on the list. Tommorow it will be back to Wolf ECU, Eagle rods and Arias 8.5:1 forgies .. when in fact in reality they like 9.45:1 cause Arias enginequeers dont know how to measure compression ratio if its not a SB Chev. Apparently the 4v thing confuses them. Ok ill stop now, dont wanna give James a complex.

Why a top mount ATA/WTA Jme?. Your familiar that heat (air) rises right ?.

EXPLICIT 14-11-2007 12:10 PM

Not a fan of pumping water into anywhere near a combustion chamber. Personal opinion but im not keen on the concept.

EXPLICIT 14-11-2007 12:11 PM

Yep saf, everytime i fart i smell it even when standing up. Physics 101.

saf 14-11-2007 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=EXPLICIT]Not a fan of pumping water into anywhere near a combustion chamber. Personal opinion but im not keen on the concept.[/QUOTE]

I have to say that water inj or water methanol is great stuff when meter'd correctly. However its a PITA. Needs constant filling to be reliable, but the benefits it has interally is awesome. Ive been a user since 93 when i built up my Camaro SB with a fraction too much comp ... only cure after cooler plugs was either back down timing or run water/meth inj. For a turbo car , straight water works better.

Then again Corky has a point with the fact WI is a band-aid for a poor IC. Not always, but commonly true.

Jme, so if you know that heat rises, isnt that a contradiction to giving good money for a product that is disabl .... err ... limited by its design in efficiently working from word go?.

EXPLICIT 14-11-2007 12:35 PM

The top mounts are efficient and work quite well 'up to' particular hp, boost levels. The bonus being the tract involved is short, maintaining decent throttle response. Another bonus with the tmic on suby's relating to the turbo/throttle location is ease of fitment. A front mount is a pita for what i want power wise (and spaghetti plumbing) and an upgraded tmic suffers heatsoak when stationary. You well know my requirements are street biased and utilising a kit that has removed a majority of the guesswork works for me. But if you like, i'll get you to fit the the 350chev shortblock pistons :D

mr_psi 14-11-2007 12:35 PM

keep tmic, dont hack the bar