Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-2012, 11:02 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

disc0-dan at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dscott View Post
Really ancient thread - Did the pill fix the problem, which vacuum line has the pill, from the wastegate back the EBC or the turbo inlet to the EBC?
haha extremely ancient thread, so ancient i was clueless then and i dont even own a dakdak anymore. Although i do remember what had happened... roughly.

Cannot remember what vaccum line had the pill though, but i did get the piece from subaru ( vac line with pill inside ). Cost me fek all. It didnt solve the problem though as the blokes at J-Shop were a useless bunch of tards and didnt set the gain or boost settings correct in the first place even though they told me they had. Oh they also told me i didnt have the piece of vac line with the pill in it, which i did so it was most certainly not the problem in my case.

It was all just the EBC's settings, nothing at all to do with the pill.

Bottom line, either go to quality mechanics or as i have done, learn to do these smaller more basic jobs yourself :P
Old 29-05-2012, 04:46 AM
Subaru Tech Division

redlib at standard level

Agree ^^^ In saying that, i have a Profec B in my car, never ran it with the restricter pill and it was boosting perfectly fine, I've since had it tune now, still no restricter pill, and still no dramas.
Old 29-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Subaru Tech Division

SCOOTER at standard level

The restricter tricks the actuator into thinking your running less boost than you are. Exactly same as an ebc does. So you don't need it with an ebc.

Reading an earlier post in this thread, who the F fits an ebc without a boost gauge. That's madness!!!

Tags
ebc, profec