Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Hyped at standard level
Default Brant Alarm Question/Problem?

Hi guys,

Just got back from a week long holiday down in the south west, and like many before me, I have returned to a car which wont start...

The kepad was still active when I got in the car, so i entered the code, it would just not turnover, so to cut a long story short, we jumpstarted it and all seems well. Went for a drive to charge the battery, all good...

Now the problem, the keypad will not arm... When I turn off the car, only the number 1 lights up, nothing else, the keypad doesnt light when the ignition is turned on - it just starts (like a normal car). Does this mean the car is in valet mode and I only have a limited number of starts until the car shuts down permanently and needs to be towed to Subaru?

Has anybody been in this situation? Tried calling Subaru but they only operate during business hours apparently...

Going on the cruise tonight, so dont really feel like being stranded in the middle of nowhere...

Cheers

Beau
Old 04-11-2005, 10:34 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

DooM at standard level

yeh this happened to me,

just dont turn off your car tonight,

than your car will eventually do the mexican fiesta, with all the bells and wistles screaming, and if you call subaru ask for lazo gotsis, and he will take you through the procedure of how to reset the system,

just make sure you write it down, cause i didnt do it, and think it would be handy next time,

LD

Old 05-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Hyped at standard level

Thanks for the response... I took my chances and went cruising equipped with yellow pages, phone and jumper leads. Thankfully turned out okay as by the third meet point the keypad started acting normally again.. Big sigh of relief!

BTW - called Subaru - only open office hours so no use, called 1800 SUBARU and was told to get lost because I didnt have roadside assist - DOH!

Cheers

Beau
Old 05-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Mine does that number 1 bullshit everytime my IC Waterspray comes on. Yes I know! Weird, but when the IC Waterspray goes on, the Keypad flashes and then when I turn the engine off the number 1 is on until i press it and then it goes into countdown mode. Stupid thing!

Tags
alarm, brant, question or problem