Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Which Tyres??? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/24481-tyres.html)

TROLLEY 28-03-2014 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=RichX;793555]Tyre shops don't seem to want business and don't return Emails/customer enquiries for quotes. Have to drive to them it seems. Pretty bad customer service.[/QUOTE]

So many businesses are like that these days. I've encountered some (not car related) that refuse to give quotes over the phone. They just assume you're going to use that quote to find a better deal elsewhere.

Well duh. If you've got the best price or even fantastic service/overly helpful with a small premium on top then your business will get my money!

DukeDrifter 28-03-2014 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=TROLLEY;793582]So many businesses are like that these days. I've encountered some (not car related) that refuse to give quotes over the phone. They just assume you're going to use that quote to find a better deal elsewhere.

Well duh. If you've got the best price or even fantastic service/overly helpful with a small premium on top then your business will get my money![/QUOTE]

Craig there you go again with the L word.

Dan [GTI] 28-03-2014 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=DukeDrifter;793584]Craig there you go again with the L word.[/QUOTE]

What am I missing here?

DukeDrifter 28-03-2014 09:48 AM

Logic or common sense.

Not that you lack either dan ;)

TROLLEY 28-03-2014 09:48 AM

Taylor - it's not even 9am. Brain hasn't switched into gear yet. You've lost me :P

[I]edit: Ahhhh[/i]

Dan [GTI] 28-03-2014 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=DukeDrifter;793586]Logic or common sense.

Not that you lack either dan ;)[/QUOTE]

Reason I didn't pick that up was that in my experience they don't get applied to situations often.

Logic and common sense have been replaced with ignorance, stupidity and ineptness.

dnbosiris 28-03-2014 01:08 PM

Alright I've had a ring around and apparently there are no more re002's in perth. Same with Michelin. So the options in stock in my price range are hankook k107, pirelli p-zero neo, falken ft453. Thoughts?

RJ999 28-03-2014 01:34 PM

Why you don't go the RS-3s? Heaps better tyre in terms of performance than any of the ones above, as in they'll handle well on a track when you do track days as well as daily.

Pirelli P Zero Nero's and Rosso's are great tyres for the road but the tread melts the harder you drive them(track) plus they scream like a biatch when cornered hard.
I'm currently on P Zero Rosso which is a step up from Nero, and never getting Pirelli's again if I'm going to track them.
Don't get me wrong, they are great for a daily and handle seriously hard driving no problem but don't do well on a track once they get seriously hot, feels like you're driving on rubber thats about to melt, don't like too much heat..it's a Pirelli thing lol... but they are the best tyre in that price range you're looking at based on the tyres you listed above.

P-zeros Neros/Rossos with daily driving and 2-4 skidpans/track, will last you a year tops if rotated/managed properly and deliver buckets of fun.

dnbosiris 28-03-2014 02:02 PM

Oh forgot to mention the place I called (Swan tyres) had no more rs3's either. Suggestion for other hankook dealers welcome.

RJ999 28-03-2014 02:04 PM

Hankook.com.au dealer locater button LOL