Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Home-C at standard level

verso is a reflash of the subaru ecu. From memory it is only available for 01+ models. But double check with allstar garage
Old 21-02-2009, 11:57 PM
STI Master

reflexwrx at standard level

I'm pretty sure you can't tune the 99/00 Ecu's.. If only i could get my hands on a 2nd hand power fc at a reasonlable price. Cheapest i have seen was $1400 off ebay. Anyone thinking about returning there car to stock and don't need the Power fc anymore? haha Long shot but what the hell.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexwrx
I keep hearing this verso tune business but know nothing about it. Is it a stand alone computer, or a link. How much are they?

So the mods i currently have are really not going to do much unless i get a link or stand alone computer.???

I'm kitting out the engine so it's not like i have had the chance to feel the difference when installing a new mod.
mods do make a slight difference even when running stand alone management but they are only minor and you run the chance of running your car out of tune which may incur detonation.

To maximise your modifications and to make sure your car is safe from detonation it is recommend you run an aftermarket ecu.

Call All Star Garage and find out wether verso is suitable for your model car. it costs approx $1000 fitted and tuned.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

no verso for 99-00

Link ecu?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 22-02-2009, 09:06 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

q2cmy00 at standard level

i got a pfc for my 99 a few weeks ago for $810. to my door, brand new. i had been looking for months on ebay, rexnet, ringing workshops and here. something will come up, you just have to be wait, and when it does come up, be quick. all star get them often, so maybe try them. if you do go down the road of an pfc, it is recommended that you use an z32 air flow meter. this afm is easier to work with when tuning, and as the factory afm in the 99-00 is known to fault, it is a safe road to go. i am currently waiting on one to come up on the forums cheap. expect $300. try the nissan forums, as the afm is originally off of an 300zx.
that is one option. another would be to go with a more upmarket ecu such as motec, autronic etc. these ecus dont require an afm, so you save money on the z32 straight away.
unless you wait for a bargain to come up, you will be paying up to $1500 for the pfc + and up to $400 for an afm. soon adds up to a better ecu.... at the end of the day, its what you can afford, but you do need an after market ecu
Old 22-02-2009, 10:02 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by q2cmy00
i got a pfc for my 99 a few weeks ago for $810. to my door, brand new. i had been looking for months on ebay, rexnet, ringing workshops and here. something will come up, you just have to be wait, and when it does come up, be quick. all star get them often, so maybe try them. if you do go down the road of an pfc, it is recommended that you use an z32 air flow meter. this afm is easier to work with when tuning, and as the factory afm in the 99-00 is known to fault, it is a safe road to go. i am currently waiting on one to come up on the forums cheap. expect $300. try the nissan forums, as the afm is originally off of an 300zx.
that is one option. another would be to go with a more upmarket ecu such as motec, autronic etc. these ecus dont require an afm, so you save money on the z32 straight away.
unless you wait for a bargain to come up, you will be paying up to $1500 for the pfc + and up to $400 for an afm. soon adds up to a better ecu.... at the end of the day, its what you can afford, but you do need an after market ecu
So what year 300zx Air Flow Meter do i need??
Old 22-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Home-C at standard level

also have a look on www.importmonster.com.au
they sell used and brand new parts and pretty much have everything.
Old 22-02-2009, 10:50 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

not sure if there is a difference between models
Old 22-02-2009, 11:09 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by q2cmy00
not sure if there is a difference between models
How much it cost to fit and tune??
Old 22-02-2009, 11:22 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

you cant put a z32 on a car without a aftermarket ecu. havnt had one installed yet so cant tell you how much it would cost to fit. the tune would be done when you tune your new ecu

Tags
boost, controllers