Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   TMIC Buyers Guide (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/25432-tmic-buyers-guide.html)

fa7boy 07-04-2009 04:21 PM

i know this is random and a bit left of field... but which is better...? the sti top mount or an aftermarket one... eg perrin top mount...?

Kato 07-04-2009 08:36 PM

Yet to see any proof of an aftermarket tmic out performing the STi unit (esp. spec c ones).

fa7boy 08-04-2009 01:13 AM

[QUOTE=Kato]Yet to see any proof of an aftermarket tmic out performing the STi unit (esp. spec c ones).[/QUOTE]

thought so.. havent heard anything special about aftermarket ones but thought i'll make sure..

TheSaint 23-04-2009 01:36 PM

might be a noob question ...

everyone raves about the process west TMIC ... how do they go for figures up against an STI?

jEstEr? 23-04-2009 02:55 PM

PW haven't released any comparison figures on their TMIC vs the STI one, common opinion is that its not better

American Dave 23-04-2009 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=jEstEr?]PW haven't released any comparison figures on their TMIC vs the STI one, common opinion is that its not better[/QUOTE]

+1 sti > pw but opinion only as there is no data to compare

ULTREX 23-04-2009 04:11 PM

Well I am on the lookout for a STI tmic for my 06....if I can get one anytime soon, will do the comparison on the asg dyno with a before (Process west) and after (sti).

JDM_STYLE 23-04-2009 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=ULTREX]Well I am on the lookout for a STI tmic for my 06....if I can get one anytime soon, will do the comparison on the asg dyno with a before (Process west) and after (sti).[/QUOTE]

Pm Bluespec as he PM'ed me about one he's selling.

Process West 23-04-2009 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=jEstEr?]PW haven't released any comparison figures on their TMIC vs the STI one, common opinion is that its not better[/QUOTE]

There is no data to release because there is no data...I simply havent done it and dont have the time to do it.

I wish I could but I just dont have the time to go a circuit for the day to do some comparison testing.

Up untill a few months ago the WRX lap record around Eastern Creek Raceway (one of the most demanding tracks in Australia) was using one of my top mounts. (the current fastest WRX uses my front mount).

Kev

Process West 23-04-2009 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=ULTREX]Well I am on the lookout for a STI tmic for my 06....if I can get one anytime soon, will do the comparison on the asg dyno with a before (Process west) and after (sti).[/QUOTE]

Just remember a dyno is the worst possible scenario to test a top mounted intercooler....its impossible to simulate the volume of air that goes into the scoop and get accurate results.

When measuring intercooler outlets temps you will see 10+ degrees cooler temps out on the road compared to a dyno.

Kev