Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   TMIC Buyers Guide (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/25432-tmic-buyers-guide.html)

WRXRW 23-04-2009 06:33 PM

thanks for sharing kevin.

please feel free to visit more often and include your latest offerings!

jEstEr? 23-04-2009 09:21 PM

Cheers for posting Kev. I know the perfect car that could do with one of your TMIC's to test with ... :)

SweLLy 03-05-2009 10:41 PM

so any news on tmic's??

pw .. or sti...??

results --- pref overall performance?

before i upgrade mine in the next few weeks..

olgus69 26-05-2009 03:12 AM

Hi guys just wondering , I have a larger aftermarket tmic no brand name and i am about to start some major mods, injectors pump, avo 400l, retune, but am concerned with power being limited by the top mount . Should i be going fmic, I'd rather tmic if i could.

Jezza 06-07-2009 07:49 PM

[QUOTE=jEstEr?;354621]PW haven't released any comparison figures on their TMIC vs the STI one, common opinion is that its not better[/QUOTE]

I think the advantage of the PW one is that the rest of the GC engine bay does not require modification for it to fit

It also comes with splitter and Y-pipe, which are the little things that increase the performance and efficiency of TMIC's.

So lets summarise with the pro's and con's of each:

[B]GD STi TMIC[/B]
Pros:[LIST][*]Cheap! ~$400-500[*]Proven performance?[/LIST]
Cons:[LIST][*]Second-hand condition & Availability[*]GC engine bay requires modification to make it fit[/LIST]
[B]PW TMIC[/B]
Pros:[LIST][*]No modification required to fit[*]Performance results released[/LIST]
Cons:[LIST][*]Price ~$995[/LIST]
If anyone has anything to add to these pros and cons, please share

jEstEr? 06-07-2009 10:38 PM

i'm in the process (get it) of modifying the stock splitter to fit over my $300 sti intercooler.

Bones 07-04-2010 09:30 PM

Hey guys, does anyone know if the 08-10 tmic from sti will fit on 2010 wrx sedan? And if so what mods are needed to run it?

tuna 07-04-2010 09:48 PM

not without completely replacing your manifold.

not a bolt on, by any stretch.

fatboy 12-05-2010 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=Bones;445256]Hey guys, does anyone know if the 08-10 tmic from sti will fit on 2010 wrx sedan? And if so what mods are needed to run it?[/QUOTE]

I loooked at this also as an option but have disregarded it, i have just this week ordered a process west tmic for my betty, i also looked at the hyperflow but decided that the quality wasn't there and also the size was far to small compared to the PW!

For $1100 it would also be cheaper than replacing everything to fit an STI cooler (plus where do you get one?)

jedi_luke 24-05-2010 11:00 PM

whats the opinion on the wolfracing kits you can get on rexnet? , 650 and includes the air spliter ,... im tossing up between this , or a front mount kit from e-bay(but most look shit with and need 1000m of piping) or save up the 1k for a process west kit :confused:
ive got the power fc , VF34 and now i just need the intercooler and im stuck on the fence

i know there is a 02 STi intercooler but to fit it on my my99 wrx will be more hastle then its worth , new spliter , move clutch resi etc.