Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 09:54 PM
STI Master

Evidencee at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Evidencee

Yeah, i agree that it wouldnt be too hard to make, but i would rather buy a genuine SPT one as they arent too expensive alone. Plus its a nice bit of functional engine bling!

I am just aiming to reduce heat soak into the tmic (obviously) with this, combined with a ceramic coated stock heatshield (not proper, but by can), with the underside lined with silver heat reflective tape. I also plan to line the underside of the SPT heatshield with the same tape and ceramic coat/spray my front pipe and heat wrap it.

Regarding the fitment, i can really only go off pictures installed on LHD cars, and my own judgement. I cannot seem to find any info or pics of this item fitted onto RHD cars. I will most probably just go ahead and get one and make it fit, but just wanted to see if anyone on here has actually fitted one on.

A turbo beanie/blanket/bag seems to be the best way to reduce heat spreading from the turbo, but i have read alot about them keeping too much heat in and reducing turbo life etc., so i just chose to do extensive shielding instead and stay on the safe side.

Tags
cars, heat, rhd, shield, spt, turbo